Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (pri3st)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-07-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
So I've got a '93 Sunsetter & want a bigger wake for boarding. I know, I know it's a ski boat not a wake boat.....well, I don't ski & this is the boat I've got. Just want some opinions on what you would do, or have done. I really don't want anything on the sides of the motor box, it's cramped as it is. Here's what I was thinking... Remove the rear bottom seat cushion & use a FlyHigh rear seat sack in it's place 580lbs That way people could still sit on it. And another sac in the ski locker 370lbs
Whatdya think? Will this give me a decent wake?
I know there was a MC thread already today on the subject, but I didn't want to hijack.
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-07-2008, 5:29 PM Reply   
We use about 1k. 440 upfront, 440 in front of back seat, then coolers and other stuff on sides of motor. Have to go slow when picking up, or you will dip the bow. (with 4-6 people in boat usually as well.)
Old     (pri3st)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-07-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
Thats close to what I'm looking at 950# or so. How do you like the wake?
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-07-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
we have the same hull. Killer wake for an old boat. I am far from being good though just w2w stuff. Went out last weekend and only put 440 up front. Had 6 people, and took out my buddy with an older x-star, and he liked it, he had plenty of air. He wants to go back out because his boats needs service.

I think we could do 1.5k no problem, but anymor would need a new prop. I like 50/50 ratio so the boat still plains out pretty fast. We ride at 21 to 22mph. And the lip is frim.

What about you?