Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (len62)      Join Date: May 2009       11-18-2009, 1:26 PM Reply   
Has anyone found a better price for the Green impellers for ballast pumps? The green ones last about 25% longer than the yellow's. I got mine at Fairfield Supply http://www.fairfieldsupply.com/servlet/the-1839/jabsco-green-6303-0107/Detail
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-18-2009, 1:38 PM Reply   
No, that's a great price.

I don't like mine. It leaks with my ballast puppy. I'm going back to black even if I only get 2 years out of it again.
Old     (len62)      Join Date: May 2009       11-18-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
I am glad I did not over pay. Did the impeller cause the leak?
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-18-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
I got some stuff from him before. Super nice guy with great prices. I'm with Joe, though. I got yellow ones and they don't work as well as the black ones. I've got an '04 X2 and it takes forever for my belly bag to fill and empty ever since I put the yellow ones in.

I'd definitetly buy from fairfield again, though.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-18-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
The green impeller (which is firmer than a yellow even) wasn't firm enough and while underway, and my bags fill up. I have big bags for surfing so I only fill part way while boarding and after one set my wake isn't dialed in anymore.

Back to black. Just have to carry extra fuses in case the black impeller sticks. 06' Cent Avy.

I'll use fairfield this winter. Thanks for the tip.
Old     (len62)      Join Date: May 2009       11-18-2009, 4:42 PM Reply   
The only time the impellers stick for me is if the pump sits unused for more than a couple of weeks. I was talking to a bud of mine and he said he used Dow Corning 111 silicone grease. I got some at Grainger (kinda pricy) and put on a very light coat. Works like a champ and seems to cure the sticking for a while. This is the link Grainger has locations all over for pickup.
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/6Y762?Pid=search
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-19-2009, 6:02 AM Reply   
Mine started sticking after 2 seasons and just after winter so yeh it sat for a few months unused.

Another guy had the problem and lightly sanded down the mount point and polished the brass puppy plate. He said he hasn't had a problem since (over a year).
I tried silicone grease, not the dow 111 you used but it worked for about 2 weeks then started blowing fuses again.