Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-04-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
just some footage from last weekend that im gonna use for a sponsor video im working on http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/some-filming-for-sponsor-video_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20809
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-04-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
your 5's look a lot like shanes for some reason. I think it's how you pass the rope, looks good.

R2R's looks solid, as well as that nice tindy shifty...

what kind of sponsors are you shooting for?
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-04-2007, 9:56 PM Reply   
thanks
shane's style of riding is definately my fav and i have always kinda followed his style since i was younger... but also im pretty sure it wasn't tindy, it might look it but my hand is actually closer to my heel edge which makes it not look totally like a full tail grab but it is... im very picky on how my grabs look..

not really sure what sponsors but i wanna get some more footage with a few more inverts and some back side spins ive been landing lately for the video before anything...
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-04-2007, 10:05 PM Reply   
Yeah.

That grabbed 3 looks really cool too. Don't be ashamed of the tindy, they are pimp when done right.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-05-2007, 12:16 AM Reply   
Too many repeated tricks. Show your variety & style. Learn a TS invert or two.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-05-2007, 5:19 AM Reply   
A video made for the purpose of finding sponsors shouldn't have the first 35 seconds showing ducks and keep the special effects down to a minimum, that's all fine for a general viewing/entertainment piece.

The vid should be all business, displaying your skills and your personality with head shots/voiceovers mixed in with your riding.
Old    mobster            03-05-2007, 7:13 AM Reply   
In this day & age If you don't have them by 30 seconds forget it
Old    malibu73            03-05-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
I'm was kinda bored by the beginning, but the rest looked pretty good. What JL said makes sence though. Think of how many videos that they watch, you have to get them at the beginning. Saying that, Your video is far batter than I could do myself.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-05-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
I agree. Take out the fills, effects, and the slow intro. Just feature the riding and put every trick in there that you know how to do. No nonsense seems like it would be the way to go.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-05-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
ya i totally undertsnad that. this isn't a final video or anything. this is something my friend made the other day from 1 day out on the lake. He ended up putting it togethor nicely so im be doing alot more filming in the next few weeks to make a sponsor video. this was just a fun video that got the idea started.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-05-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
For a sponsor video I would start out with a quick headshot and then go to riding. While the riding starts out I would voice over a quick intro about who you are and what your about. Throw a few different tricks in there if you can so it doesnt feel like your watching the same trick 5 times. Show some switch stuff. Show them your a well rounded rider. I personally like watching vids that have back to back riding, TS, HS etc. Even if you have to edit a lot, it sublimally sends the message that your not a HS hero. Just my .02.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2007, 12:31 PM Reply   
Billy e, all good ideas posted above, Matt and Rich D. are right on. My son Alex put one together a few years ago using a lot of the things mentioned above & it was well recived, if you want a copy to use as a refrence for ideas send me a PW with your address and I will send a copy out to you.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-05-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Have an interview on your video. Lots of people can ride well. Very few are well spoken. Also, a few shots of you instructing a beginner boarder. That also carries a lot of weight with the sponsors. While landing on the podium is important, more sales are driven by personal contact than you may think. That is the real key to sponsors - how well you can communicate and provide sales support.

Good Luck. This is a hard business.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-05-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
sorry but what song was that? good vid though
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
Show you can land blind and/or spin backside and dedicate at least 45 seconds to an unedited "run". Otherwise, pretty good.