Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-05-2006, 5:40 PM Reply   
First time poster. I've been reading this board for awhile now so I'll say a quick thanks to everyone who has given me great info without knowing it.

I've been looking for an aftermarket tower for awhile and I'm having trouble pulling the trigger. I want to make sure when I shell out the dollars that I'm getting a rigid tower with lines that fit my boat. I'm concerned that when I put a universal tower on my boat that it isn't going to be very rigid.

I've looked around a lot (monster, OEM's, etc..) and the Skylon Swoop Pro XT is my favorite. Does anyone have experience with this tower? Anyone have any thoughts about the rigidity of universal adjustable towers? Does the installation of wakeboard racks help make the tower more rigid?

Thanks in advance

Upload
Upload

(Message edited by dedicatedwse on April 05, 2006)
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-05-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
Most people are going to tell you monster. To me there comes a point to where you sould stop looking at universal and look at custom because of price. The price on the skylon could get you a great custom tower. Meaning a tower with less adjustments and less rattles. Sorry I have no experiance with the skylon Im just throwing you another option.
Old     (drifter1136)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-05-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
What kind of boat do you have.}
Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-05-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
1998 Wellcraft I/O 21' open bow. Don't have any pics of my boat but here's one I pulled off the internet...same model.

Upload
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-05-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
I have a 21' Sea Ray with a Monster tower. Works well. A little tightening is needed after a long day of riding, but it does the job. I do like the fact that I can, alone, fold it down and set it up. My experience with most universal towers is that they are never fully 'solid'. There is always going to be some wiggle room. However, a wrench and tow minutes and your good to go. My buddy has the Skylon tower, and in my opinion it works as well as the monster tower. Its all about preference. good luck

(Message edited by dan_forrest on April 05, 2006)
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-06-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
Just to add to your equation we have a new universal tower that we've jsut released with VERY competitive pricing called the Area 52. (http://www.roswellwakeair.com/content/view/15/26/)It's Brother the Area 52 S.I. is very competitivley priced with standard board racks in the package.

Take a look and if you have any questions please feel free to hit me back at marc@roswellwakeair.com
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-06-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
There are some fantastic universal towers on the market now, including the Pro XT and XTP's Edge. The ProXT is our best selling tower right now, and all of our customer's have been thrilled with it's performance and looks.

One other thing to keep in mind is that Titan has lowered the price on their Series I and II towers for 2006. Now you can get a Titan Series II for $1495, and a Series I is just $1195. For full custom towers, they're a fantastic value.

Check out our new Wakeboard Towers section, it's a great way to quickly compare most of the best towers on the market.

Jason
www.wakeside.com
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-06-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
the skylon tower is a very nice tower it is oem for reinell boats , i have put one on a sanger and it fit and worked well