Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    jesiday            07-18-2005, 3:09 PM Reply   
I know they're still a little far away (18 days, but who's counting).

Needless to say, I am super stoked since I get to go this year. The finals last year were on my wedding day, so my husband and I had the hotel tape them so we could watch them later!!!

Is anybody going to go? (Hint, hint SD Crew)

We are trying to get something together for the night of the 5th, after the Prelims.

-Jesi
Old    lovin_the_sport            07-18-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
count me in :-)
Old    gunny_baker            07-18-2005, 3:19 PM Reply   
Where are they having them this year? Mission Bay?
Old    gunny_baker            07-18-2005, 3:26 PM Reply   
Nevermind. Got my answer. SUCKS! I'm gonna be outta town. Hope everyone that goes has a blast!
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-19-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
we'll be there
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-19-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
we'll be there
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-19-2005, 10:53 AM Reply   
I believe it is in Long Beach again. I am hoping to be there, for saturday at least.
Old    jesiday            07-19-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
They are at the Long Beach Marina again this year.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-19-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
DA MOOSE WILL BE THERE ROCKIN IT OUT ON THE MOOSE POCKET ROCKET......I UNDERSTAND HE WILL HAVE SOME FOR SALE FOR A "BRO" PRICE OF $507.00
AND THE BUTTER WRAPS ARE SO HOT!!!
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2005, 3:53 PM Reply   
Nathan...LOL!!!!!!!!

Jesi, My g/f and I should be there, there is a chance I might go out of town though.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-19-2005, 3:56 PM Reply   
are tickets necessary? do I need to buy in advance??
Old    jesiday            07-19-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
To my understanding, there are no tickets to this event. Admission is free. You should check out Expn.com, though. They have links to the Marina and directions/parking etc...
I would, however, imagine that you need to get there EARLY.

jesi
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-19-2005, 5:23 PM Reply   
I hope to go, IF I'm not doing something else .

Bret,
Okay man, what's the story behind the profile pic? It's pretty obvious, but I'm sure there's a little more?

-Blake
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-20-2005, 11:49 AM Reply   
Damn! I need to pay mote attention to upcoming events. I just put in for Sat off, and hopefully I will get it. So if anyone is going for sure, lets talk.
Old    jesiday            07-20-2005, 3:42 PM Reply   
Buzz, we are definitely going.
Old    gunny_baker            07-20-2005, 4:22 PM Reply   
Blake,
It's ONE of Saddam's palaces in Bahgdad. I was there last year and then went to Fallujah when we went into the city. We actually were gonna try to board there (we were gonna get a pull froma 7ton truck from shore) but I couldn't get a board mailed out soon enough. I think when I go back in Feb that I'm gonna take a board WITH me this time. It's always sketchy trying to do stuff like that but what the hell, you gotta have fun over there once in awhile. You're in the Navy right? Where are you at? You know what, you can e-mail me (e-mail on profile) if you want, I'm sure everyone doesn't wanna read all this...

Bret
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-20-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
Bret,

Cool story, that's something I'd like to see if I were ever around that area. I hear his palaces are incredible, all of them. I'll give you a shout on your email sometime.

-Blake
Old    socalgrl79            07-20-2005, 5:55 PM Reply   
I have an ex-boyfriend that lived in one for 12 months.. he didn't seem to think it was all that great.

-Amy
Old    gunny_baker            07-21-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
Blake,

sounds good. Look forward to hearing from you. Would love to ride with all you guys sometime too. I read a lot of the posts you all put up and that's some funny sh*t sometimes. Looks like a blast...

Amy,

Well, I wouldn't say it was great for sure but it sure was nicer than the chemical plants, etc that we lived in at other times. Usually pretty safe inside the palaces too.

Bret
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-28-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
Those going to x games wake contest might wanna bring something to sit on (on a beach), a way to keep cool, and some binoculars since its a pretty far distance between riders and shore. Just FYI dont want anyone getting disapointed.

It was hot as Hell when I went, so plan for the weather too.

Quick funny story, during a break in runs, Parks was just walking around in the crowd for like 15 mins before anyone even noticed (people were looking around, at him etc.), even then it took an announcer to say something before people began bugging him/autographs etc. I thought it was comical that all these people came to watch an event and could not even tell who one of the most unique looking and popular riders were.

The announcer was also asking really basic questions and giving away prizes to correct answers like (name an invert).
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-28-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
not everyone is a pro ho and could recognize a pro just like that.
Old    martini            07-28-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
that announcer was me...would you like me to ask harder questions this year? you just said people didn't even notice Parks standing in the crowd...

how are they going to answer harder questions???
Old    martini            07-28-2005, 2:42 PM Reply   
BTW-good advice about the beach and chairs and what not!
Old    hbfabco            07-28-2005, 6:29 PM Reply   
does anyone know if you can get closer in a boat?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2005, 6:56 PM Reply   
I think that was right after Parks went for the Sammy Hagar look. Think he even fooled Eddie Van Halen.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-28-2005, 7:03 PM Reply   
PorkChops Inc.- your name cracks me up every time i read it
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-29-2005, 10:36 AM Reply   
I agree joe, just seemed like the dirtiest looking kid there with big ole dreads would stick out a little. Anyone who had watched a video/contest with parks at that time could have noticed him immediately. I guess I was a little frustrated that all these people were closer to the action than me and not even that into the sport, got there later than them (my own fault).

Nope, harder ?'s would be silly unless you had a more educated crowd this year. The double half cab one seemed to seperate the riders from spectators.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-29-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   
eh, don't let it get to you. just remember, just because someone's passionate about wakeboarding, doesn't mean they know who the pros are.

get there early next time! my girlfriend and i will probably be there.
Old    jesiday            07-29-2005, 11:10 AM Reply   
Joe,

What time are you guys going to get there on Friday? We are coming up early and then checking in to our hotel later.

jesi