Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2005, 7:27 AM Reply   
This is why........ 3/10/05

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-11-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
Send us a picture in July when that lake has a million boats on it.
Old     (blitzpb)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-11-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
Is that in Orange County? I was just at Perris on Sunday. Its only the beginning of March and Perris is already starting to get crowded. Time to start using my vac days for weekday riding.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
that was at castaic around 5p. only 1 other boat wakeboarding
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-11-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   

quote:

Send us a picture in July when that lake has a million boats on it.

bahahahahahaha!!!

it's one of the reasons why i hate living in socal...no good lakes to ride in the spring, summer, fall.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-11-2005, 10:54 AM Reply   
Ahh..I thought you were going to ream me for that comment Joe! How disappointing....haha

Are you coming to Pedro next month?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2005, 10:57 AM Reply   
haahah J-rod I thougght you never met Joe
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-11-2005, 11:04 AM Reply   

quote:

Ahh..I thought you were going to ream me for that comment Joe! How disappointing....haha

no way dude...i'm right there with you!

april's lookin' kinda busy for me. gf's taking her mcat to get in to med school, my parents are comin' to town for a week, my niece's bday, my best friend's bday. that's about all i can remember!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-11-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
three words NO SHOW JOE
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2005, 12:17 PM Reply   
WOW!! Look how beautiful Castaic is looking! Nice & green, mmmm mmmmmm! So how was that water? Cold enough for ya?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-11-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
squid, one word...obligations.
Old     (piranha)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-12-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
SoCal sucks compared to NorCal. I wouldn't brag if I were you.

Send us a picture of the 405 at 4:05pm.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-12-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
WOW! NOT!!!!
Folsom was just as good if not better, we've been in the 80's also!!

SO CAL is SO OVERRATED!!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-12-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
uuhhnummmm....j-rod is right..we dont have spring, summer, fall.. way to overcrowded !!!!

j-rod are you willing to give some pulls to some so-cals if they are up your way ? would be way willing to reurn the favor if you were down here..
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-13-2005, 5:43 AM Reply   
mike- My offer still stands, are you coming up this way for WSSR?

J-Rod- I say we get an unofficial comparison between your 1010's and my Defcon V's. They will be up and running by then. I am not looking to be the loudest, you can have that, I just wanted to hear the difference between the two.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-13-2005, 7:59 AM Reply   
Your right SO CAL sucks!!!! huh!!

All of you that think that please leave and take someone with you. I for one will not lose any sleep as you haul your ass out of So CAl and back up to No CAl.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-13-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
LOL !!!!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-13-2005, 9:55 AM Reply   
chad,

my schedule for may 22,23 is open...

let me see if some other socal riders would want to "represent" (big ed, antbug, kevin, tyler o, geoff m, geoff f, troy, geoff h,buzz(mike), tim, joe, eric, daniel, steve, blake, heather, paula (did i forget anyone ????)

anyone up for this ?
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-13-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
As someone who lives (goes to school...kinda) in SoCal...it sucks. It takes an hour to go anywhere, the lakes are always packed...except in the winter. Gas is so freakin' expensive. I am moving back to Texas as soon as I graduate...unless what a little birdie told me is true, then I might stay for a bit.

Mike, If I'm in socal this summer i'll be down.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-13-2005, 2:45 PM Reply   
daniel,

the date is may 22,23 ...can u make it ?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-13-2005, 3:17 PM Reply   
I swear, you NorCal/SoCal people are so confused. I've spent time in both & there is no way that SoCal traffic is any worse than NorCal, el norte certainly has better water systems but please haven't you guys even checked out Central Cali? Maybe it's just me but, damn this place is nice. Not a ton of lakes, but insane scenery and a local grip of riders that can absolutely kill it! Anyhow my point is that all you nor-so people can keep it, I'm staying right here.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-13-2005, 5:49 PM Reply   
Hey Mike,
The date is actually April 22,23,34. I am pretty sure Big Ed and Ant Bug are already attending?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-13-2005, 6:13 PM Reply   
oppps read outlook calender wrong..
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-13-2005, 7:17 PM Reply   
ok, i didn't mean to turn this into a socal vs. norcal thing, but....

i've done more than just spend time in both socal and norcal. i grew up and currently live in socal. i've lived in norcal 5 and a half years.

traffic is significantly worse in socal than in norcal. sat in traffic for a good part of the afternoon today to and from our destination. that's not to say there's no traffic in norcal.

there are more things to do in socal than in norcal. bars, clubs, amusement parks, etc. that's not saying there's nothing to do in norcal.

the beaches are better in socal. i'm not sure about santa cruz though.

there are a lot more restaurant choices in socal, although north beach in san francisco has some choice italian restaurants.

snowboarding is much better in norcal...unless you consider mammoth is socal.

socal's got vegas. norcal's got reno. vegas wins...hands down.

riding in norcal is hands down better. there are lakes down here, sure. but they're crowded in the spring, summer and fall. canyon lake kicks ass, but you have to live there or invited to ride it. you can't just tow your boat out there and ride. otherwise, during the season, you gotta get up at the butt-crack of dawn to get decent water. i said "decent" 'cause a lot of people have the same idea as you do. you can get up at noon and get awesome water in norcal. there are many, MANY lakes in norcal. in a lot of them, you can rent houseboats.

with all that said, both socal and norcal are good in their own ways. but if we're strictly talking about riding, norcal wins, hands down.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-13-2005, 7:37 PM Reply   
would never live in any part of cal, but if it was the place on earth, I would choose Norcal by a longshot. North Beach Italian, Wine Country, tech jobs, mountains, better water.
Old     (skerzz)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-13-2005, 11:46 PM Reply   
Nor-Cal is better for wakeboarding, snowboarding, hunting, and fishing.... but the girls are WAY better looking down here.
Old    xtremrider            03-15-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
I have lived in SO Cali my whole life the only place i would ever even consider living besides here is Astralia, but thats not happening, But i also Wakes board on a private community lake, you can always find nice water.
Old     (supersport)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-15-2005, 11:24 PM Reply   
SoCal too crowded, then split. Its the only place in the world where you can get world class surf, snowboarding, wakeboarding, and an economy that rivals most countries all within a 4 hour drive. If you dont like socal, then split.

I wont say anything about the Laker dynasty at this time...