Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-20-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
my friend is designing this custom speaker cabinet. check it out. I will get the finished pics soon and post...
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-20-2007, 10:31 PM Reply   
Um, isn't that the point of the 4 to 10 speakers all around the boat? I've never needed sound blasted at the top of my head.....
Old    kidrik            03-21-2007, 5:27 AM Reply   
Interesting. Has he run the wires yet?

Speakers/bimini.........!

Let us know how it goes! (and watch out for those massive screws sticking out )
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-21-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
This is a custom design for these boat owners.
uh the idea is not to blast sound on top of your head, but it is to create a "surround sound" kind of effect for the people in the boat...they are not concerned with blasting the stereo at the rider, so no cans. I don't think you can get more than 4 speakers in the sides of a Sanger like this but I don't know. he has tucked a subwoofer up under the dash and lost no footroom. i think its the first one he has done like this and its not done, these are very early in the design phase...you won't see any bolts.. like he was going to leave those like that? duh. still getting all trimmed up and upholstered to match the sanger interior. I 'll post them soon. I thought some might want to see it in the half finished phase.

these guys put in systems that cost as much as some peoples boats, they just did a $90K mastercraft up with a $12,000 stereo system...
whatever you want they can build it.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-21-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
I wouldn't want those speakers facing down on me. I have 4 6x9's facing toward the rider and they are loud (a lot of the time too loud) when I am just sitting in the boat.
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-21-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
I do like seeing things in the design/process phase. Always nice to see it as it happens...

That being said, I think these are a great idea - it let's me quickly determine who is out there to ride and who is out there to party! Haven't you always wished that there was a 'wally beacon' on every wally's boat???? This is THAT!

THAT being said, it looks like a really clean install and I'm impressed with how thin it is. It should be incorporated into a permanent bimini or something... so the speakers almost disappear.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-21-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
I think speakers pointed down into the boat are the Bomb. IMO when you get moving the interior speakers get drowend out buy the wind and motor noise. Down fireing speakers fill the boat with sound. Most towers that have a swoop place the tower box in a position the all the sound from the tower speakers is shooting out of the boat and blasting behind you. So IMO you dont have to have it as loud to get the benifits from the tower box because the speakers are pointed right at you.
Here are some pic's of Tower boxe's with down firing speakers that Clay @ SoundIllusionsAudio.com did

Upload
Upload
Upload
BTW this design has been around for some time I didnt invent it, but I have been running it for like 4 years now. I see NOW tidal audio offer a down fire tower box listed on their website as the "industries first down fire tower box"
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-21-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
thats quality custom work ya. and yours has lights? damn....