Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-15-2009, 9:08 PM Reply   
Heading to Lake Powell for a week on a house boat next week. Forecast is ~85-90F during the day, ~55F at night.

The water is expected to be 65F. Is this a relatively comfortable water temp to wakeboard? I don't have a temp sensor on my boat, so I don't know what temp we are used to. I am planning to take my 3/4mil wetsuit, but not everyone has one to take. Will we be able to swim during the heat of the day, or will it still be too cold for the ladies. Is 65 going to be comfortable for relaxing on a tube in the heat of the day?
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-15-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
A 4/3 suit will be way overkill for 65 degrees. I wear a 3/2 all the way do to about 55, maybe even a little lower. For 65 degrees, a 2 mil heater top is about all you need, or you could even trunk it if you want.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-16-2009, 1:26 AM Reply   
i went and dunked myself in with no wet suit to see if i was ready to wake or not when the water was 53. i consider myself a wimp for cold water and only have a heater shirt that fits. just things have not fallen into place for me to board since then though i felt i was ready at 53 though it was a bit numbing.

everything should be fine, but it doesn't hurt to be extra prepared so if it is no trouble to bring the wet suits go ahead.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-16-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
trunk it and at 65 might not get comfortable little chilly. heater top for sure but u will be hot when ur set is done. heater shirt is plenty at that temp.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-16-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
A neo top for those early morning sets (air might be chilly. Other then that, a vest and shorts should be fine, especially if it's going to be that hot. Plus, the water temp will probably raise in the next week with the hot temps they're expecting down there this week.
Old    shooter_08            05-16-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
I have never been to Powell, but I have always wanted to do a houseboat trip there. When is the best time to go? I went on an Arizona house boat trip once during mid summer and it sucked because it was too hot. What month is best for good temps & less crowded?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-16-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
^^^
SEPTEMBER all the way!!
(after labor day week(end) of course)