Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
Thought I'd share this video our daughter took and our son put together. It's his first attempt at putting together a video. It lost some quality after putting on the putfile.com page, but that's OK.

We all just started wakesurfing this season and our son loves it.

http://media.putfile.com/loving-the-wake
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-25-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
Let the teak surf bashing begin.
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-25-2007, 8:41 PM Reply   
Good job on the video....anybody know the name of that first song?

As for the teak surfing comment, do you know what teak surfing is? Cause I sure didn't see it in that video.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-25-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
well the video is cool with the music and all and I dont wanna bash on someone enjoying watching there kid but man I was seriously bored
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
Yeah Rick, I knew it wouldn't be exciting to a lot of people, but we just wanted to share. Sorry to waste your time!

Yeah, I didn't get the teak comment either. Our boat is an '05 Mobius and doesn't have a teak platform.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       09-25-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
first song is crank dat by soulja boy
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-25-2007, 9:07 PM Reply   
LOL, the swim platform doesn't have to be teak to do teak surfing, it's just what it's called. Teak surfing is when someone is holding onto the platform being dragged behind the boat.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-25-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
leigh the video is put together well and I have never seen a 13 year old wakesurf like that either so definately be proud because they did well with the video. M hayes the name of the first song is
Crank That by Soulja Boy
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
Oh, that's right. I had forgotten about that. We had a guy around here that use to drag his kids behind the boat like that!

My bad. . .it's after midnight here time to cut this thing off!
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-25-2007, 11:26 PM Reply   
oops sorry for being an uneducated moron but i don't wakesurf or as I just learned, teaksurf either. Great video he did a good job editing
Old     (krkx93)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-26-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
that song is crank dat soulja boy
Old     (bludpumper)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-28-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
that is awesome...get a real vest on that kid though
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-28-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
I didn't watch the whole video so excuse me if I'm wrong but ya got to get him to start tossing the handle into the boat. Otherwise he's pretty good.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-28-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
I wouldn't recommend the teak surfing, I got a mild carbon monoxide poisoning once and was hallucinating and felt like ass for a day. Explains a few things...

Except there was no teak surfing in this video, just wakesurfing galore. Either I'm still tripping or some one else is.

(Message edited by stephan on September 28, 2007)
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-28-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
Dave,

Dave, he rides forever without the rope. I don't know why he didn't do it for the video.

But one thing we have definitely stopped is surfing up to and off the back. Someone was watching the video and said "isn't that dangerous?" and my husband & I were like "Duh, yeah, it is. . .WHAT in the world were we thinking!" We must have had too much carbon monoxide to let him do it! But never, ever again.

Actually, Joshua for his size his vest floats him we made sure of that, but we have decided the next one will be approved. It only takes once for something to happen.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-28-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
I did like how he did some trick and rode outside the wake
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-28-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
Thank you, Rick.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-28-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
good to see the kid having fun, it doesn't take much weigh to get kids going on a wakesurf, I need a ton of weight to really give me a good surf wake behind my mobius xlv....

oh yeah that song Crank Dat, is quite possibly the worst song ever written...honestly it makes no sense!