Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-24-2003, 8:03 PM Reply   
Anyone have it or that has ridden it please share your thoughts and comments as it could be a present from Santa this year.
Old    samcdog            10-25-2003, 6:39 AM Reply   
Also does anyone know if the platinum is worth the extra$$$?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-25-2003, 6:43 AM Reply   
geoff, just like dna, no.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-25-2003, 6:46 PM Reply   
I've ridden both the foam, and plat. I'm pretty good and can't tell a difference. It's a bit lighter but can't tell. Stiffer yes...but can't tell. I think the graphic on the foams is better anyway.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-25-2003, 8:44 PM Reply   
thanks magellan for the input, i will be sure to check them both out b4 purchase.

its all about marketing with the 1lb difference as we have seen in the press, but lighter is always better when you are trying to progress, even though you are struggling in general compared to most.

wait until the board is a leftover and then you can always score for 2 hundy less than actual msrp, good rule of thumb when you can wait for it.

g
Old    austin            10-26-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
hahah i got a 2004 absolute platinum, one of the best boards i have ever rode, one of my good buddies has a 2004 absolute, not platinum, i rode it , it was a totally different experinece from the platiunum, the platinum like bend and moves moves with u, the landings are buttery smooth even on double ups, if u have the extra money id gop for the platinum
Old    tclagggym            10-26-2003, 7:45 PM Reply   
Rode the 2004 Absolute just the other day. I really like it. Tracks alot better than the 2003 Inferno, and has better pop. And everyone I showed the board loved the graphics.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-26-2003, 8:40 PM Reply   
if ne one wants to buy one, i saw one on ebay, a good deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3634228367&category=47 363
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-27-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
The Platinum is almost a pound lighter. It's the best board I've ever ridden.
Old    dagger            10-27-2003, 11:48 AM Reply   
I just picked up the '04 Absolute Platinum. Have not ridden it yet but I've ridden an '03 enough times to know it was with out a doubt the board I got the most pop from and felt the most comfortable on.
Can't wait to RIDE IT!
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-28-2003, 4:56 PM Reply   
I ride a platinum and i really like it. got the lighter board for spins (swing weight). lots of my friends ride hyperlite premieres and they really dont like it when they have tried it. depends on the way you ride. i used to ride a trip 38 before.

for the extra money its like air conditioning or a cd player as an optional extra on a new car, gotto have it.

(Message edited by tantrum999 on October 28, 2003)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-29-2003, 6:09 AM Reply   
I personally thought the Plat Absolute was a perfect transition from the Premier. Little faster, little more pop, little softer landings, lot lighter.