Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old    d_fresh            09-27-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
This year was fantastic for our first annual tournament. The attendance and festive vibe really made a difference compared to the other tournaments. See www.wlwake.com for info. Because of the success, the Michigan Boat Industry Association contacted me. They heard about the summer event and wanted my opinion and thoughts towards creating a more festive vibe at the 2008 Detroit Boat Show.
They are interested in having a life style type event, maybe something similar to Surf Expo. Last year they had a company from Orlando come and set up for a rail jam. But there has to be more that can be done.
One of the things I am looking into is a company called Surfstrem. I inquired about the use of there equipment for the boat show. It would be used primarily for inland surfing and possibly wakeskating. For wakeskating, we would attach a rope with handle and the individual could do surface tricks.They are very interested, and may consider this as a new market for there product. Here is a link to there video: http://www.surfstream.com/video.html
What do you think?
After attending Surf Expo, the local boat show seems pretty boring. Most of the wake companies want the individual pro and board shops to promote there products. If there are any companies out there that would be interested in attending the boat show that do not have representation in Michigan, contact me. I may be able to get great pricing for a 10' x 10' booth.
Also wouldn't mind hearing from others on WW as far as ideas.

Thanks
Doug