Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (andrewilso)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-27-2009, 4:27 AM Reply   
Dont you just hate it when you mangle the line with the prop aaaarrrrrggggghh
but it wasn,t my fault
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-27-2009, 5:03 AM Reply   
its even worse when you do it the first day you use it!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-27-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
n00b
pwned

yeah, its an awful feeling, I hate it when it doesn't straight up cut it, just gets twisted so you have to dive down and untangled.... we keep a pair of goggles on the boat, just in-case
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-27-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
Holy shiznit tell me about it, first day on our brand new x-star, rudder gets disconnected and stuck in a full left turn, runs over the line, I had pnemonia and it was spring riding, water was cold and I couldnt hold my breath for longer then 5 seconds. My fat friend was under the boat for about a half an hour, not without coming up obviously, but finaly got it loose but not clear and we just barely but it in reverse to unwind it, the rudder turn around 180 degrees and went DING DING DING DING on the prop. Series of unfortunate events...
Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-27-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
First day with a new rope we mangled ours around the prop. thank goodness we had a friend that was able to run a different rope to us, but we were still out a hundred bucks!! Lame!
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-27-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
I HATE it when that happens...

Another thing that sucks is when the guy who is meant to be watching the rope isn't paying attention and says its all good, and then we we pull the rider up it turns out the rope was caught around the board rack and you find out REAL fast that board racks don't float.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-29-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
...good idea to always have a sharp knife on the boat.....other wise it could be next to impossible to untangle!
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-29-2009, 9:18 AM Reply   
My wife (girlfriend at the time) ate up an A-Line the first weekend out on my new 07 210. Spent two hours with a knife cutting it off the shaft. Luckily, I had just bought three lines 60% off at a local shop that was getting closing out of all their wake gear.
Old     (spinner_x)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-29-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
Have yet to do that thankfully.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-29-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
My first time out in Michigan this year was last Friday and in our haste to get out of the 50 degree water we destroyed a rope, causing me to have to screw around for like an hour to in the water to get the prop free. First time we've ever done it.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-29-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
Through my mad skills of untangling, I've untangled lines two different times from props with my eyes closed. It took a while, but I always figured out how to get it off before the other people, who could see it, did. And then bam, fixed.

One of my lines wound up in my deckboat's prop when it was chaseboating, not sure how, but it did. The other line got sucked up by my jetski when my dad ran over it. neither were my fault. Both lines are still perfectly useable...
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-29-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
My buddy ran over the fat sac pump in my boat while trying to idle away from shore. It was quite a mess getting it off the prop but somehow it managed to still work.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-29-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
+2 the knife on the boat. We wadded one up pretty bad last year, and it took 3 of us 45 minutes to untangle.... lame