Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (xmarksthespot)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-01-2012, 4:02 PM Reply   
Just wondering if anyone has used aftermarket covers that are on say eBay. I am in need and don't really feel like giving mastercraft 800+ bucks for an MC brand cover. Any recommendations?

Its for an 01 X-Star with stock Zero Flex
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-01-2012, 4:13 PM Reply   
The mastercraft brand sharkskin covers are not that great and shouldn't be more than $500 in my opinion. I don't think they are that great unless you just want a dust cover or live somewhere that is really dry. They use poles to keep water from pooling and kind of need straps to teh trailer which can rub on the gelcoat. They are poor for towing. You can get a much nicer sunbrella custom cover for 800-1000 I think from Evolution or a similar company. I am not sure if there is a decent aftermarket cover specifically for that boat.
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-02-2012, 9:41 AM Reply   
My stock mastercraft cover is not great. It is not waterproof at all, even after treating it with 303 fabric guard. I have heard good things about the evolution covers.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-02-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
Iboats.com has custom exact fit covers for your boat. They have the tower cutouts and everything. Ypu can even get it to cover your platform. i highly recommend the platform route. They are made by Westland. I also highly recommend sunbrella over sharkskin. Tge sharkskin just insnt as durable .........I think it runs 550. The factory mc covers are garbage material wise. Spend the cash and get a cover that lasts with the sunbrella. You just type in the model of boat and it will search it for you and provide the exact fit cover. They are always having 10-30% off sales. If they don't have it call Westland and see if they can give u the part number. I know for certain they made it.

Tho as mentioned I you are looking for a towable cover, custom is the only way to go.
Old     (xmarksthespot)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-02-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
thanks for the help all, i will try to find one out of the recommendations!

xstarrider...im not looking for a tow-able cover, i mainly keep it indoors, just when i have it out on the water for the weekend or if i have to take it to my house to do maintenance. so i really don't need to spend 1000 bucks on one i can tow 200 mph with, just one that's not gonna rip after 2 years......Thanks again! Ill see what i can do!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-02-2012, 9:07 PM Reply   
here is one option
http://boatcovers.iboats.com/MasterC...t_id=933974917

Here is the one I own from westland
http://boatcovers.iboats.com/MasterC...t_id=933974917