Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (astonmartini)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-06-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
I just bought some 06 LF Alpha bindings and I can hardly get in them. If they're wet, it's nearly impossible. They have that newer rash guard-like or neoprene-like material on the inner surfaces, not rubber or foam. Shaving cream didn't work, and I don't think soap will either, any suggestions?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-06-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
loosen the laces? buy a bigger size?

i have the 06 watsons w/ the neoprene-like material. i can get in 'em w/ no problems.
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-06-2008, 7:52 PM Reply   
what size bindings and what size shoe do you wear?
Old     (astonmartini)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-06-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
they are M (7-9) and I wear 8-1/2 to 9 shoe. Also, I've ridden in them quite a bit now and the pain around the balls of my feet just behind my toes isn't going away. I put on a 3-4 foot rope extension today, made much larger jumps, and the pain increased 10 fold. Any suggestions for this too? I thought maybe I'd try moving the bindings more towards the toeside so my weight was distributed more on my heels.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2008, 8:32 PM Reply   
Sounds like you need a size Large.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-06-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
so is it too tight over the toes?
loosening laces doesn't work, i am assuming, if so then maybe a larger size is where to go
Old     (astonmartini)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-06-2008, 10:06 PM Reply   
Do people usually wear the same size binding as they do shoes? And, my feet are pretty narrow, this is frustrating...I shouldn't need 10-12 bindings if I wear a 8 1/2 - 9
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-06-2008, 10:20 PM Reply   
Sounds like you need bigger bindings. I had a pair of 06 Transits that were L, and I am 10.5 shoe. They are the right size but the right boot was WAY too tight on my foot. I actually got LF to warranty them and got some new boots. But all my LF boots I can get in and out of without shaving cream, wet or dry. One of the reasons I like the LF bindings.
Old    murrayair            06-06-2008, 10:21 PM Reply   
I agree with Jim. Try a larger size or a new model of bindings altogether. Some bindings just don't work with some people's feet.
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-07-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
Put them on in a bathtub full of hot water, sit for ten minutes or so, and then let them cool with your feet still in them. This can help to stretch out the foam in really tight spots.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-07-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
Are they too stiff to get into? Get some 08s, they were redesigned around the toe area. I tried a pair of 07 Alphas before I bought the 08s and they are worlds apart. The 07s were too tight around the toe but the 08s are sweet as, and real easy to get into as well.