Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-04-2009, 10:16 PM Reply   
I'm looking to install a depth gauge, preferably the in hull non-drilling hole type. I know there's several manufacturers for that. In terms of the water temp gauge (not engine temp), is there one I could install where I wouldn't have to drill a hole in the hull?

This is the one I was thinking about...
http://www.boatersland.com/far-13852.html
Old     (ttduncan)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-05-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
i put that gauge on my old IO. the temp and depth trans. mount to the transom. you need to drill through transom to get the wires to the gauge, unless you found some way to run the wires over the top, but then you would trip. you could put them through the hull above the water line to minimize possible leaks.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-05-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
That looks like a nice gauge. Water temperature only works if the sensor is in the water so you need to have wires routed to do that. A transom mount is the same. An in-hull mount is epoxied to the hull inside so can't measure water temperature there. Call the store and ask if the water temp sensor is a separate piece.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-05-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
My brother-in-law put that same Faria on his Sanger, had to hang a transducer off of the transom to work though.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-05-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
That one looks like it has an option to use a thru hull transducer. If you want water temp you will have to drill a small hole through the transom like ttduncan said.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-05-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
How about connecting the water temp gauge to either the inside mounting of the swim platform bolts or the tracking fin bolts (If i can get to them). The temp might be slow to change but I would guess I could get a fairly accurate reading because the metal protruduing in the water would transfer the same temp to the mounting hardware inside. I might have to calibrate it a few degrees, but it seems like I would be reasonably close.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-05-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
Also I've seen other posts where perfect pass had a temp sensor. Is this something all units have? I do have PP already.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-05-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
Todd I just sent you an email about your depth gauge.I just put one in my Supreme you don't need to add a transducer for the faria gauge it's already in your paddle wheel.The wires to hook to the gauge are already up behind the dash,they are in the same harness that the wires going to your speedo are from.My V212 is an 2007 so yours should have the same paddle wheel set up.

(Message edited by wakebrdjay on May 05, 2009)