Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-07-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
Rode my 142 Substance yesterday and we got a winner!!!

That board is exactly what I was looking for,tracks really nice and breaks free really easy at the same time.It felt like I rode this board for years and just jumped on it.This was my 1st of the 3 demo's but this is where it stops as well.My next demo was gonna be the Transcend,and if that didn't work for me I was gonna get the Marius,but Substance is ALL I need and my riding skillz are gonna improve dramatically,I can tell!If anything,it gave me a new stoke and new hope to start bustin!Not that I had this great day of riding ,but I could feel myself breaking out of the slump....AND IT FEELS SOOOO GOOD!!

Thanedogg ~ you were absoulutely right when you suggested this board and said that I would love it after my Byerly.My Byerly rides like a tank compared to the Substance!

I also tried the 04 Absolute with Transit bindings and I got to say I like it as well tho the bindins I thought made a huge differents so I might be investing in some LF Transits!Damn it look at me ....going all LF(maybe)
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-07-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
Awesome Big Ed I can't wait to see you tear it up on that thing.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-07-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
ED, congrats on the board. Just don't ride with me to much when you move up here. Or you will get the board whore curse.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       06-07-2005, 10:54 AM Reply   
Big Ed, I Just got the Substance w/transit a few weeks ago, and I feel the same way, I think that it is the best shape since the 02'/03' byerly. I have been on alot of boards and I like to try to stay away from brands like HL,LF. but it is hard to do with a mold like this. It is a awesome board. have fun!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-07-2005, 11:19 AM Reply   
told ya'. and the transits are sick too.

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-07-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
Shawn ~ What's up buddy,we need to get out!!

Squid ~ Board whore curse?I not sure I follow.

Big papa ~ I tried to stay away from the HL,LF and really wanted to like the Marius and I do but I think the substance is more my style.

Thane ~ I know,I know but you got to give me some kind of credit....How long did it take me to try it and buy it after you told me that?maybe 2 days.LOL

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-07-2005, 1:27 PM Reply   
You know that's the setup Ed. Trying to roll like me, huh? Transits and a 142 Substance is the only way to go.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-07-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
Really?

is that your set-up?

If so.....yup you got it!

Man if that was the case....I should have tried your set-up and probably would have jacked you for them!J\K

Substance,transits and now the x-2.not to even mention your BMW M3!Are you sure you didn't make a mistake and accidentaly got my wish list instead of yours?LOL

Man you sure got good taste!!!

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on June 07, 2005)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-07-2005, 3:12 PM Reply   
Dude, we're gonna look like twins, but you stereo is gonna be way louder than mine. Don't think I can match that one.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-07-2005, 3:36 PM Reply   
Ed, whore curse is I was riding a different board every month or more than that. I am on the Marius right now and liking it alot. Hopefully I can stay on it a while to dial in my tricks on it. When we rode I was on the 3ds for maybe a week.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-07-2005, 3:52 PM Reply   
I get it...so your telling me I won't like my board if we ride??

That might happen without riding with you,soon as I get into a slump....Got to blame something and definetly is NOT ME.LOL
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-07-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
Evan ~ You don't have to match my sounds...Just match my wake!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-07-2005, 5:15 PM Reply   
Congrats Big Ed! I tried that board & liked it, also. Expecting to see some great things from you & Substance.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-07-2005, 5:36 PM Reply   
Ed I'm gonna to be riding at the Canyon Lake Tournament Saturday, you should come out and chill with me.

Sunday I may have to work but not for sure yet.

When are you moving?

What do you have going on next weekend?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-07-2005, 9:34 PM Reply   
This weekend I might have to go up north.I'm not actually sure when I'm gonna move but hopefully soon,but in the mean time I'll just have to hang out here and ride the channel from time to time.

and Jeff if you don't get out on my boat.....How are you gonna see me bust on my new board!

We got to plan something soon,maybe shawn and porkchop can go next weekend riding at the channel?!?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-07-2005, 10:00 PM Reply   
OOOOOOhhhh....PorkChops liking that idea!

If you get to NOR-CAL before the middle of July, I'll ride with you there, too!!!!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-07-2005, 10:16 PM Reply   
was that a cheap shot?J\K LOL

I sure hope I'm there in the middle of july,actually I should be there before this month is over but again I was supposed to be up there NOW.

I'm hopeful!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-07-2005, 10:25 PM Reply   
Stop stalling ED and pull the trigger.}
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-07-2005, 10:33 PM Reply   
No kiddin huh?

Tho I wish that was the problem!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-08-2005, 9:35 PM Reply   
Yo what up Ed, congrats on the new board bro...
Hopefully will get to see you bust on that thing before you move..
speaking of.. you down to ride this monday at Elsi? I can bring the x-star.
yo pork chop you interested too? need a third and all.
Old    jonkdogg            06-08-2005, 9:54 PM Reply   
Hey Big Ed! Hows it going? Congrats on your new board. Hope to see you soon out on the Delta.

Chris
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-09-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
Chris ~ Thanks,I'll be up there in notime!

Kevin ~ I'm in!!!