Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-30-2011, 9:39 AM Reply   
Hi,

I went to a Tige dealership, and notices that their used 2000-2001 models have gel coat cracks from one end to another on the bottom of the hull.

There is one 2300v limited that i'm particularly interested in, but it has the same problem.

When I asked the vendor about that issue, he told me that it is only cosmetic and that most Tige from those years have the same trouble. He explained that the gel coat is too thick, causing it to crack, but that it won't affect the integrity of the boat whatsoever.

The cracks are very obvious, and he says It could be fixed, but again it's only a cosmetic issue.

What do you think about this?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-31-2011, 7:19 AM Reply   
Without seeing them it is hard to say. Many gel coat cracks are cosmetic and others can be indicative of abuse or impact. It is just really hard to say without seeing them and where they are.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-31-2011, 7:33 AM Reply   
Yes we need pictures to tell for sure.I'm suprised the dealer hasn't fixed them.it's not a expensive fix for the dealer.They usually show up early in the first year or two of ownership.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-31-2011, 4:24 PM Reply   
I had jel cracks in the second boat I bought brand new, I did not put it in the water, took it back to the dealer and it turns out the bout did not sit right on the trailer could have been major damage, but they fixed the jelcoat and what was causing the damage so I never had any problems with it ever.