Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-09-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
It works now, but let me make myself very clear because of all the bad attitudes and controversy going on lately about this boat on wakeworld.

I just taped what I had access to, a couple of rippers for ten minutes behind an EPIC with a broken rudder....so take if for what it is and leave your conclusions to when we all get our own taste of the boat.

Video is up on the main page of www.midwestwakeboarder.com
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-09-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
Didn't work.......
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-09-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
Yeah dude it still doesnt work. Database down again?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-09-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
http://www.midwestwakeboarder.com/video/Epic_wake_boat_edit_nologo_6_8_06.mov

Nobody ever accused me of being brilliant.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-09-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
WOW... You need some help.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-09-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
Thanks Steven.

Link works fine for me on two different computers.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-09-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
I think the only way to truly tell if the Epic boat is epic, we need to get Keith Lyman and a sacked out 220, LSV, B52, x-star, and a stock working 23V epic. Then let him ride all of them, the one he goes biggest on is the best wake.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-09-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
www.midwestwakeboarder.com/video/Epic_wake_boat_edit_nologo_6_8_06.mov works just fine for me, someone confirm.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-09-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
works for me
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-09-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
worked for me..but you couldn't really see the wake..filming was too far away!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-09-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
Like I said, had ten minutes to film a Epic with a broken rudder from a bar deck. Guys were going big though, without full ballast, and a broken rudder causing one side to wash out.....see initial post.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-09-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
Honestly I think the boat looks really good, no matter how many people say the stub nose is ugly. In the water, you can barely tell. The boat looks really good, they just need fix all of those kinks.

Thank you mike for providing the first video of the epic. You did the best with what you had and I am impressed with the footage. I know everyone else will say Parks goes bigger behind a 196 without a tower.

(Message edited by malibuboarder75 on June 09, 2006)
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-09-2006, 9:41 PM Reply   
Nice video. It looks like Griff is spreading the love for us out there(he is our distribution rep out there). The wake did look pretty washed on that heelside. We actually took that boat back to change some things with the rudders. That was one of the first boats done with a new system and Griff really needed the boat for an event so we sent it out without good testing :-( Who was riding? That was a sick raley over the guy with his arm extended. It was odd seeing everything from the dock but there were so me really cool shots. Thanks Mike :-)
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       06-10-2006, 4:20 AM Reply   
So this may be a stupid question but.......

Why would you take a boat out, videotape some riders doing tricks, trying to show off the boat, and then have the damn rudder messed up. It seems pretty set up to me and if it was my boat I would definitely make sure it ran right.....

Sorry, just curious thats all.....
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
MIke we do appreciate the effort,however i have to agree with some of the others in that this wasnt the right day or situation to show off the boat,basically a wasted effort IMO..

why well basically the video doesnt slow down and show the interior,exterior ,or any other detailed oriented shots that the general consumer wants to see.we could have used some more info on how fast and easy the ballast filled,how the boat planed off,the feel riding over rough water/rollers,fuel consumption,guages,seating comfort,and other information we cant see for ourselves.

secondly ,

the riders shots were not zoomed in and you could not see any shots of the wake even though it may have been off balance we would have wanted to see some closeups and still shots of the riders and wake..

last point

these riders are obviously expert to outlaw skill levels and this isnt going to convince me that the wake is great since most of these riders can do these same tricks off almost any boat,cable park,or kicker..so the wake becomes a smaller factor to these guys then say maybe a intermediate to adavnced rider whos lacking in technique and uses the wakes ,big crisp wakeboard wakes,as a crutch and could be more of a baramoeter of what this wake really does for them compred to the other pro caliber wakes out there today..

so again great effort and i get the point behind why you did this but this video adds nothing to the already limited info we have on epic boats..

if we really want to get picky maybe mentioning the boat being broke from the jump actually shows a more negative light and hurt more then helped since the video did nothing positive for it..

anyway cool whirly over the second rider though and again i appreciate the effort and time you put into it..

just sharing my view of this thread...
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-10-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
word
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-10-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
You guys act like Im a Epic salesperson....

I went to an event and was stoked just like everybody else to see the boat in action, and at the end of the two days Griff and the two riders took it out just for literally ten minutes for the HELL of it.

Not to sell you a boat.

I just happened to have my camera on the bar deck (while drinking a beer no less) jumped on the picnic table and filmed what I could. It was all for fun........not for your critique of what I was doing.

Now Bill, Sean, Kevin......maybe you should REread my initial post.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-10-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
I was just jokin dude, I wasn't trying to offend you. Sorry Mike.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-10-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
Still didn't work for me? Maybe I need some help?
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-10-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
I thought it was a killer edit on some video that shot spur of the moment. Epic will have some promotional video work done in a few weeks and we are the title sponsor for the chickflick (http://www.thechickflick.com) which will have every Female talent in the sport shown along with some killer Epic wakes. I know we have been slow on the promotional materials train and video like this is just a tease for some that really want to dig into "what this boat actually is". But I believe Mike said in another post that he had pics and some vid and many people asked him to post it up, so he started this thread. Anyways, I liked the vid and just wish that this preproduction boat was running in top form for an impromptu shoot like this. I'm sure people can sympathize with us getting out test boats for our reps to review with some experimental type parts to try and then having stuff break on us every once and a while. Every Epic is built with over 300 parts we have to keep inventor on, so vendor relationships and getting the absolute right parts for our initial production has been a tiresome effort to say the least...
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-10-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
I had to download the video but I didn't think the wake looked too bad at all. Yes it was from a distance but it looked big.... Looking forward to getting a pull behind one.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-10-2006, 2:32 PM Reply   
What the hell, Bill?

Were you drunk when you wrote that?

Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-10-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
"VWhat the hell, Bill?

Were you drunk when you wrote that? "

I was wondering the same...
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
nope just typed real fast and it was on my laptop,and it was after a rough night half asleep,why??

ive reread it and dont see an issue

am i not entitled to an oppinion??
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-10-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   
Nope no opinions allowed on wakeworld!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
hahah those are some sweet kicks in you profile :-)
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-11-2006, 9:25 PM Reply   
Anyone in the Arizona Area interested in trying out the Epic for themselves, feel free to call Robbie at Action watersports to demo it. Phone is 480 330 5726. They have one of the Pre-production models and are glad to show it to anyone.
Old    wake_skywalker            06-16-2006, 2:02 PM Reply   
Well hello to eveyone my name is Anthony. I'm the first private owner of an EPIC in California. Let me tell all of you people who have no faith in this product that it lives up to what Chris say's it will do. I ride in Bakersfield CA in a lake that is anywere from 4 to 6 feet deep and my wake is crisp, rampy, gerthy and bigger than my next door neighbors 04 bu wakesetter with 2k in it with out any weight. I can also say that if any of you are wondering about the power of this boat let me tell you that I was at nosi for memorial and smoked a HTM with a blown 502 bouy to bouy. Also for you people that havent seen the interior you can go to their web site and get a glimps of it. Although I don't blame anyone for their negitive attitudes because they own a bu, nati, sanger or what ever, take my word that when you see an EPIC on the water your going to exterior, interior, stereo, power, oh and not to mention the huge wake that will drown what ever kind of boat your in!!! I'm in no way shape or form related to EPIC BOATS besides a loyal customer! Sorry for sounding upset so please forgive me. I just cant understand why people can't give praise to someone who follows the heart and builds what I would call a moden day tucker for water. I guess it proves that negitive talk only shows envy!!!!!

Anthony
Bakersfield combat club
Syndicate Industries Clothing
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-16-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
Anthony,

Please post pictures,

Thanks!

Bruce
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-16-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
Holy the boat I saw on Hillsdale -- hence my topic in the "boat and accesories" section...