Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-06-2008, 11:20 PM Reply   
Just wanted to give a shout out and even a bigger thanks to Ricky G and Randell H for sighing my little girls new lexy 127 gator board. She was so excited that they autograph it. Also these guys and every one in their booth was hella cool. She keeps on telling me that she cant wait to go out on the boat and ride. Made pops proud. She made me hang her board on her wall in her room. Ill post a pict tomorrow.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-06-2008, 11:26 PM Reply   
Shoot now you have to buy her a new board! lol
That's great that you guys got to meet both of them. Congrats
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-07-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
two of the nicest riders out there. When I moved to SoCal Ricky invited me out to ride with him after trying to make connects on Wakeworld, he just called me out of the blue. In fact, when I got the message on my phone I thought that one of my buddies was punking me, like I would call the # back and Ricky would be like, "who the hell is this?" But no, it was him, fun guy, great rider!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-07-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
We hung out in the same booth all weekend at the boat show. Nice guys.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-07-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
I agree... Ricky G is a great person; he looks so hard with his tats, but he is one of the nicest pro riders that I have met. I have not had the chance to meet Randall H yet, but if he is watching this thread, I'm down to winch or ride anytime. I met and rode with Ricky G and Drew McGuckin last summer (Drew is also a very nice guy).

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
www.wakeboarding-winch.com
Old     (martinez30)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-08-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
Couldn't agree even more those two guys are very down to earth. My son and I got their autographs and photos taken with them. I couldn't believe Ricky G actually gave me his phone number (sorry can't give that out), I hope to call him when I go back to Southern Cal. they happen to ride one of the lakes my brother and I ride (Lake Elsinore). I can't believe how long of a rope (90')and how fast (27 mph) both him and Vandall ride...Like I said they are STELLAR to say the least!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
I have know both guys for awhile and known Ricky since back in the day. I can honestly say, this is the happiest and most confident I have seen him in many years He is riding and being pushed almost every day with Randall which is good for the both of them. I am super stoked for him and this may be what he needs to finally get the recognition he has deserved for many years.
Old    110outlet            01-08-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
One of my fav wake sections is Ricky G in all or nothing, simple smooth and stylish. Got to see Harris ride at Wakestock in Toronto, he had enough time to do 4 tricks per pass because he goes so fast and big, most guys were doing 6 to 7. He had to rush to make the last trick.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-09-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
The whole Gator Team is AWESOME!!! Fun to hang out with & they always seem to remember us (the GF & I) from year to year & even at different events. Totally not the rockstars they could be....
Old     (mitch35)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-09-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
" Totally not the rockstars they could be " Im sure they have had their days... It was a Privilege to meet them both over the years.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-09-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
I spoke with Ricky G & Randall at Park's Double or Nothing this past year, and both were very down to earth, cool, and easy to talk to.
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-09-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
Randall is the nicest professional boarder there is. Very easy to talk to.
Old     (mitch35)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-17-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
how long have they been in this sport?