Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-17-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
Going to look at this Tige Z3 at Waterski Specialty in Denver today and see what kind of #'s they can come up with after seeing the pictures, I have to see it in person!
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-17-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
It has the Surf ballast (1,600lbs), PCM 409, Wetsounds Rev 10's and interior speakers and a custom 2 tone boatmate trailer. The red is pearl and so is the silver (looks white in the picture).
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       12-17-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
Got a call from Chris (cjh1669) about this boat yesterday. I think he said the sticker was 85k on it. The guy he was talking to there offered to take us out in the spring on it and let us check out the surf wake. Probably going to have to take him up on that offer. Damn good looking boat.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-17-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
Just got back from checking it out. Tige did an absolute amazing job on the sculpture of the hull. Too hard to describe all of the small details and accents, definitely a must see in person. Wife likes it, says if our payment doesn't go up...
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-17-2011, 2:48 PM Reply   
Anyone know what the wakeboard wake is like on this boat? Being that it is primarily a surf boat and a large boat, just wondering if it's going to be one of those big boats that has to be ridden at 24+ mph to have a clean wake.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-17-2011, 2:59 PM Reply   
I have been anxiously awaiting for Wakeworld to get theirs so we can see pics of the wakeboarding wake. They have a 2,000lb pro ballast option for this boat and closed off the bow on the inside so it could hold more weight in the front.

I was really impressed with how deep this boat is, you sit way down in it, makes you feel very comfortable. The bow is huge, I thought that my RZ2 bow would be bigger but it's not. Has some cool features like the windscreen is actually hidden under the cushion on the front, you lift the cushion up and then the windscreen pops out and then the cushion goes back down. On the transom, you lift up the 2 small cushions and that center walkway flips over and has a cushion on the other side. The integrated trash can is nice, under captains chair storage is spacious. I am still in shock at how cool the boat is in person and have a million thoughts running through my head on what I want to do...
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-17-2011, 3:02 PM Reply   
Couple more pics..
Attached Images

Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-18-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
Boat looks sharp. I'm not 100% sold on the RZ graphics, but the overall boat looks great. Are those graphics in the gell or are they decal?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-18-2011, 9:48 AM Reply   
The graphics are all decals and there are actually 2 options for graphics. The other style looks like this:
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-18-2011, 9:48 AM Reply   
If you go to the build a boat feature on the Tige site, they have all sorts of gelcoat options too, crazy how much you can customize the accents.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-18-2011, 11:17 AM Reply   
I really like the lines of this boat. I also dig the tower but wish it was taller. The graphics are way to busy in the first boat. Chaos Graphics.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-18-2011, 1:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
I really like the lines of this boat. I also dig the tower but wish it was taller. The graphics are way to busy in the first boat. Chaos Graphics.
Doesn't Tige offer tower extensions IF wanted to make their towers or this tower taller?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-19-2011, 7:42 AM Reply   
The tower seemed to be up another inch or two over an RZ2/22Ve. I'm 6'1" and I wasn't worried about banging my head on it at all but I swear I can hit my head on the others, might be wrong though.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-19-2011, 7:57 AM Reply   
I tried to get a few shots of the nose so that you could see how sculpted it is...
Attached Images

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-19-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
I can't wait until we get our Z3 either! Should be going into production in the next few weeks. I'm being patient cuz I want to make sure everything is dialed before they start putting mine together! I know that they worked with Erik Ruck and Nick Weinacker quite a bit on the wakeboard wake, so it's supposed to be really good. I've been told that this is the boat their pro wakeboarders will be getting.

I dig the look of the nose, but since I usually load folks through the front, I'll probably have Seadek make me a cool little piece of EVA to go on there.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-19-2011, 12:17 PM Reply   
What colors did you go with David?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-19-2011, 12:27 PM Reply   
Silver and black...

Name:  WakeWorldZ3.jpg
Views: 2237
Size:  126.8 KB
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-19-2011, 12:29 PM Reply   
It's going to look better in person. All colors are their metallic/pearl, which isn't reflected on these images. I also changed the tower to silver (Stone) as well.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-19-2011, 12:56 PM Reply   
Nice! That stone pearl in person is awesome! The boat I posted above has it too. The stone pearl towers look good too, they have an RZ2 at my local dealer with that on it.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-19-2011, 8:13 PM Reply   
dave, that looks amazing.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-23-2011, 9:38 AM Reply   
I'm thinking that I might want a little more black...not sure which graphic I like better. I used to not like the new tribal one at all but it's growing on me...
Attached Images

Old     (colosurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-25-2012, 7:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
I'm thinking that I might want a little more black...not sure which graphic I like better. I used to not like the new tribal one at all but it's growing on me...
Timmy, You get one ordered yet? Sounds like Bill @ WWS has a few ordered now since the boat show including mine lol /// You have the join us man!!!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-23-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
Forgot the red one...
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-26-2012, 7:18 AM Reply   
No Eric, I don't think it's going to happen this year Can't wait to see yours though!
Old     (colosurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-27-2012, 6:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
No Eric, I don't think it's going to happen this year Can't wait to see yours though!
Timmy, You should start hooking up with us at Stanley Res. this year. We usually do 2x a week after work around 430 500. Always looking for more peeps to join in on the fun.. Let me know.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-26-2012, 7:25 AM Reply   
I crawled around the Z3 in MN and really liked it. It is crazy deep inside. I think the tower looks low but it's so deep inside that when I was in the boat it didn't seem low at all to me, but i am not that tall. Very nice work Tige!
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-27-2012, 6:40 AM Reply   
I will be at Standley this summer. I would love to meet up with some other riders in the area. I will probably be in an X-25 this summer and always looking for people to ride with.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-27-2012, 6:45 AM Reply   
Jeez Alan, I can't imagine who's going to want to take you up on that! haha.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-27-2012, 7:15 AM Reply   
@Eric - That sounds awesome! I will get you my contact info.

@Alan and Eric - are you guys going to the Mile High Meet and Greet this year????
http://www.milehighmeetandgreet.com/
Old     (colosurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-27-2012, 7:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
@Eric - That sounds awesome! I will get you my contact info.

@Alan and Eric - are you guys going to the Mile High Meet and Greet this year????
http://www.milehighmeetandgreet.com/
I wont be able to bring my boat if I do attend. Stanley Resv. and their Aquatic Nuisance Species Protection Program.. 11 & or 15 days quarantine period if you put your boat on another lake depending on what month it is.. That's ridiculous. I dont know why they cant do what other lakes are doing here in CO. regarding Zebra Mussels
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-27-2012, 7:56 AM Reply   
I am facing the same issue with Standley and the quarantine. I am going to try to figure something out so that I can go.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-27-2012, 9:25 AM Reply   
Alan, can't you just say that it's a new boat and it's never been in the water yet?
Old     (h2oskier14)      Join Date: May 2009       01-27-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
Timmy, Eric, and Alan.

Do you guys have your campsites for the event yet?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-27-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
My buddy that has the Epic got them, we will be in S56/S57 I think. We will both be bringing our boats in case people need a ride.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-27-2012, 11:31 AM Reply   
There are ways around the Standley quarantine...... Also they are hit and miss on brand new boats. I know one family that bought a brand new Tige RZ4 middle of last summer and they didn't have to wait out the quarantine period. However when we talked to them about a new boat originally they told us it had to go into quarantine. It is all about who you know over there and how much they like you I guess.