Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-18-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
I just got a new rope on closeout that is everything I wanted, except it is black.
Didnt think of it till later
Does that present a problem for many people?
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-18-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
I shred a black SL... no problems here.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-18-2010, 10:59 AM Reply   
I have a black rope, but it's never a problem because we always pull the rope in after every set anyway (the handle sinks and we dont want to snag anything on the bottom). As long as you have your head up it shouldnt be a problem for you.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-18-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
watch the handle and you will be able to see where the line is. no problem. hope your handle floats by the way.
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-18-2010, 11:43 AM Reply   
The only issue i can see there being is just like what everyone said, seeing it in the water when the driver is swingin it around to you. It would help to have a handle that floats which pretty much almost all 2010 handles do. A white handle may help you a little bit especially if it floats.
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-18-2010, 1:51 PM Reply   
i had a black accurate up until last year loved it. you can always see it in the water when the boat is in motion. some jackass newbie driver must have cut the he-ll out of the wheel after i fell and ran over the rope trashed the rope bad and it got all stuck in the prop. terrible mess and i never got a dime out of it. would have got another of the same but found a cheap glow in the dark accurate on ebay. $110 rope shreded not cool
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-18-2010, 9:51 PM Reply   
you might be able to paint some white lines on it if that sounds like a good idea to you. and if your handle does not float you can get some pipe insulation and make it float
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-19-2010, 3:14 AM Reply   
Just don't buy a sinking handle, that is all I can recommend. For good drivers they are fine but if you get one of the more inexperienced kids behind the wheel, you are guaranteed to get a rope around the prop. I know this from experience leaving two brand new ropes at my buddies house. His dad got the first one, our buddy got the second one. Both when I wasn't there (if I was there is not a prayer this would have happened). I guess the saying is true though. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-19-2010, 5:43 AM Reply   
You gotta consider a couple of things. Who's gonna be driving your boat? If its you 95% of the time, then whatever. And....what color is the water yo ride it? We ride down here on the waterway in Virginia and the water is seriously the color of black coffee with minimal visibility, and its narrow. So....the black rope drove me nuts since I really need to watch for it sometimes. I dont have cash to keep replacing ropes, thats for sure so we switched to something brighter shortly thereafter .
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-19-2010, 7:46 AM Reply   
You could put a piece of bright tape every ten feet or so if it is that much of an issue. I have a black rope and I have never had an issue.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-19-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
Rope color should not be an issue for a good drive.
Old    ausbill32            04-19-2010, 12:12 PM Reply   
I agree, rope color should not be a problem if you have a good driver. With that being said, I recently purchased a red rope. I'm not always sure who is going to drive and I personally like being able to see the rope and it helps other boats see my rope too.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-19-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
Bill good point on being able to see other Boats, I have a bright yellow Helium rope that you can see from a Mile away.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-19-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
Bright rope and floating handle for me for life. I'd send it back.
Old    kaligirl            04-20-2010, 5:32 PM Reply   
A black rope cost me $2000...the price of a new rope, new handle and a new prop. Whatever you're saving on the close-out is sooo not worth it!

The person driving was a good driver, but it was one of those situations where we had to pick-up the rider quick, were on the river where the current took the rope under the hull, the handle sunk right under the prop...and well, there you go.