Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    gonzo            03-09-2003, 5:18 PM Reply   
I am considering purchasing the 2003 Air Nautique 216. I wanted to get some feed back on this boat. I am looking for a boat that we can wakeboard, ski and barefoot with. I demoed the SAN and it is wakeboard only. I also demoed the 21' Malibu Sunscape. I rode the Malibu without the wedge down becouse they said the boat was to new to put it down. The Malibu had a bigger wake even without the wedge over the 216 and I know it will since it is a V drive. The 216 had a better ski wake. The water was really rough out and it was hard to get a good feel of the two wakes. Will the 216 have a decent wakeboard wake? The Nautique seems like a much better quality and it handled much better. The Malibu is around 1500.00 dollars less. I appreciate your feedback.
Old     (gator)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-09-2003, 6:24 PM Reply   
Gonzo,
what is the price range of the 216? Which trim level (team, limited etc) are you looking at.
Old    gonzo            03-09-2003, 8:04 PM Reply   
The Limited. Around 50k with all the extras
Old    heldoorn            03-25-2003, 8:34 PM Reply   
Im getting a 210 Team Navy and Orange on Friday! I love the Nautiques Wakes and the Service is Excellent! Im going to be honest that you get alot for your money at Malibu but Nautiques Service department and everything they will do for you is exceptional...... Also My 01 Super Air I just traded in never took water over the bow... I was in a VLX and it was taking water over the bow like crazy! Its just the different quality in materials with each of the boats

CHRIS
Old     (bjbatch)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2003, 11:06 PM Reply   
I know people often tend to defend their own boat brands, but that said, you should really take a look at the Supra Launch SS for the uses you described. We chose ours in 2001 over the Air Nautique. If they had the 216 then maybe it would have been a different decision, but you should at least take a demo ride. I love the versatility with this boat for slalom and wakeboarding. I have been on the course with it, and also get what I think is an excellent wakeboarding wake. I'm guessing a little but it should price closer to 40K than 50K.
Old    gonzo            03-26-2003, 7:54 AM Reply   
I had not considered the Supra Launch SS. I will check it out. I am also going to demo the Malibu 23' XTI. Any feedback on the XTI?