Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-30-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
I'm about to order a 2003 210, but I understand the 2004 model starts production in june. Does anyone have any idea what changes will be made? I'm wondering whether I should order now or wait a few months and get the 2004. Maybe some of the storage problems will be addressed.
Old    dholio            03-30-2003, 5:07 PM Reply   
You won't get it until around August though. Is it worth it? Maybe buy now and trade up later? You won't lose much resale.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-30-2003, 5:17 PM Reply   
You can always wait for the next boat.
Or, you could be boating tomorrow.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-30-2003, 6:10 PM Reply   
Actually, 2004 may start in July. Doubt CC will make any drastic changes, they tend to be a bit conservative in that area.

Chris
No Slip Gator Grip
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-30-2003, 6:35 PM Reply   
If you can find someone who's ambitious enough to take a tour of the CC factory here in Orlando, I'm sure they can find out that info for you.
Old    flyer            03-30-2003, 7:25 PM Reply   
I just purchased an 03 SAN. Almost got a closeout 02 but the dealer said that the 03's were the "new models". He explained that about every 4 years there is a major design change and 03 was the year. Some of the changes that I am aware of are the elimination of the digital instruments (had a lot of problems); engine changes 6 liter available as an upgrade; bolstered drivers seat. I'm not sure if there were any hull changes. I would not expect to see many modifications in the 04 line. If you want to wait, the dealers usually offer a 12 to 15% discount for orders placed around October. CC likes to keep the production line running until mid December but has a problem getting orders in the Fall. This means big bucks when the price gets up there. Keep that in mind.

Good luck

Mark
Old    whitechocolate            03-30-2003, 7:48 PM Reply   
I was thinking that CC would change the Hull on the Super to the same hull that's on the 03 Air The TSC-2 I think it's called?. If they were going to do that, Yes I would wate. I have heard from people, That the New hull work's better all around
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-31-2003, 1:18 AM Reply   
From what i have heard from a good source, is that there will be some minor interior changes, but the main thing will be the change of the side stripe layout. We ordered our 2003 in july last year and were told it was one of the first out of the factory (was a shock to see the 210 name)It took a month to get to Australia and we received it the first week of november. We are currently looking at colour options for our 2004 (I bit hard when we dont know what the stripes will be) This is our 2003
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-31-2003, 6:13 AM Reply   
Dave, that is a sweet looking boat! Are you not happy with it? or do you just buy a new boat every year? I like the red hull, is it hard to keep looking clean?
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-31-2003, 6:16 AM Reply   
Phantom, if you could maybe check out to CC factory I would be stoked! thanks
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-31-2003, 7:13 AM Reply   
Tom, I'm currently trying to make the same decision as you, Should I purchase a 03 210 Team or wait for an 04 210 Team.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-31-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
I am planning on going in early May, so if you can wait that long, I will pass along the info I find out.
Old     (gator)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-31-2003, 9:05 AM Reply   
Good Luck,
I went two summers ago...just before the model change of the new SN and new side striping. There was absolutely no sign of the new models and they would not give out any info. They close for one month over the summer to switch over to the next year so there is no overlap. I didn't press the issue nor did I have an "in" but I got no info.
Old    gotpwr            03-31-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
New stripes makes sense. The '00 and '01 were the same, the '02 and '03 the same, so the recent pattern says that the '04 will be different.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-31-2003, 1:08 PM Reply   
Wait for an 05' You will only have to wait 15 months to order one..................
Old    ramus            04-01-2003, 2:37 AM Reply   
Dave, great boat. Be nice to see something other than Malibu's on the river.Also interested in what kind of import duty you are being slugged?? I'm interested in the import option, but unfortunately not in the new 210 league. If only the aussie dollar was worth something....