Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-23-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
I just tried out my new Legacy tonight and it was the best board I've ridden in a long long time. The board is so wide and jsut has ridiculous pop. It really helps that the tip and tail are pretty wide, you can definitely tell a difference. The landings are very soft actually, I thought they would be pretty hahrd with the big flat spot but it lands very soft. It isn't the fastest board I've ridden but it is not slow by any means, especially for a 3-stage. The thing I like about it the most was how solid it felt underneath me. I know some people will say its heavy, but I thought it just felt like I had a good solid board under me. I would definitely recommend trying this board if anyone is in the market.

Plus its made in the US, which I really like, no more of these Chinese products for me.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-23-2007, 9:58 PM Reply   
I totally agree, great board.
Old     (sancho)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-23-2007, 10:07 PM Reply   
I ride the 39 and it is deff the best board i have ever ridden.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       05-24-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
Is it just the wakeboards that are made in the US, because My wakeskates were both made in china (legacy models). I was actually kind of curious about this.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-30-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
i prefer my motive 144 over my friends 54" legacy...thought it was a tank and very slow..my .02 cents
Old    bocephus            06-03-2007, 12:31 PM Reply   
I just tried the board this Saturday. Ski Pro in Mesa has them available for Demo/Rental. First, the board appears to be huge! I loved it, my toes or heels didn't drag in the water even on the sharpest of cuts. The board rides ridiculously high in the water! For a three stage it has to be the best rough water board that I have ever ridden. The pop was big, although for some reason all boards pop pretty big for me. The landings were surprisingly soft. I think that due to the size of the board and the amount pop it has that it always tends to land with the back of the board in the water first and the rest of the board just absorbs the impact or something....very soft landings...I'm 6'3" 225#'s and its very nice for me. Anyhow, that's my two cents.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-03-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
Ryan, that's like saying you prefer your fat, oily, zero-personality, boring, dumb-as-a-brick girlfriend to your friend's sexy, genius-IQ, well-cultured, fun, supermodel girlfriend.

In defense of the Motive, it's a good board too. Just the polar opposite of the Byerly.
Old     (power_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-03-2007, 7:10 PM Reply   
I love it! My brother says that it is to big and bulky, but i am getting more pop than ever! Plus another thing that pumps me up is that Scott Byerly signed mine for me. How cool is that.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-04-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
in reality its not the board..its the rider...ano- love fat chicks bro!..give em the ole bowling ball trick
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-04-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
I have one rode it love it