Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-06-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
I have a friend who's thinking about getting the Faction board and the Faction bindings. I didn't know what to tell him since I know nothing about CWB besides what I've read on here. Anyone own a faction board/bindings and would you reccommend them? Thanks
Old     (fulltilt429)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-06-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
I have faction bindings and love'em, the faction board i rode, and didnt like as much as marius. Althought the price of faction/faction combos is sure appealing. Tell your buddy to demo them. saving a few bucks on a board you looking to keep awhile and not liking it because you spent $60 less isnt worth it.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-06-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
I have the board and bindings and love them both. The bindings have great support, they are easy to get in and out of, and are very comfy. As for the board, it pretty fast, has good pop, holds edge really well, and is a little loose when not on edge. I find it's really good for surface tricks and forcing you to learn propper edging since there's no center fin. Tell him to demo them.
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-06-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
I love my faction bindings. Ive always found entry and exit to be difficult, but its a breeze with the hinge tech bindings... Id love to try the zeus's some time, but Im definitely sold on hinge tech one way or another.
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-06-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
I wish we could demo boards here but we cant. The closest board shop that we'd be able to demo is 4+ hrs away so we're just going on what other people that own them or have ridden them think. I should open a friggin board shop here!
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
what board is your buddy currently riding and whati s he looking for in a board, also whats his skill level and weight?
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-07-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
he's a begginer - he's riding the community board in the boat.....it's a double up with the center fin config. hes about 215LBS. I told him the 4 fin config is the way to go IMO. I was just trying to find out what people thought of the faction so i could pass it on to him.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-07-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
The Faction board rocks!! I came from the Absolute and Trandscend and found the new Faction to be faster, more consistent and having softer landings. I highly recomend this board!
Old     (offspringz28)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-07-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
have the bindings. love em
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-07-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
Have only ridden the new set up twice, but liked it so far. Can't go wrong with the CWB line up no matter what you choose.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-07-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
I have the Faction bindings, they are great. Very confertable and easy to get in and out of with hinge tech, I love them!
Old     (nathan1pure)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-07-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
I have the board with deuce bindings and it has made a big difference in the way I ride. More speed and better edge.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-08-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
Its a Sick set up, he will love the board and bindings, tell him to get it!!The board has great speed, great pop and soft landings.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-08-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
ive only felt it and played with it in the shop but it has a nice shape for sure.

my only beef with the absolute is the edges are like razors.

my friend cuts his finger open on nuclear tantrums sometimes on his