Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-12-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
Anyone have these bindings yet? What do you think?
Old     (elleduke)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-12-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
I have them. Upgraded from '01 Hyperlite Belmonts. I was skeptical of closed toed bindings at first, however now that I have ridin in them I noticed a night a day difference.

First off you need to have them heat molded to your feet. The binding should be snug to your toes, but not cramping. When they heat them they should use a toe spacer to give you just a little wiggle room after the molding process. Now that they were molded the fit was unbelievable. Also as you pack out the binding or if you have a skinny heal you can add the "j" bars to help hold it down. (A source also told me that you can reheat the binding to reactivate the material.)

Now onto riding. These bindings were super easy to get into without "the juice". The double lace system is also easy to use and really locks you down. I noticed that they provided a better response while riding and I believe it is because the binding has such a custom fit and great support that it allows you to react quicker and easier. I felt locked in and more connected to the board, then I had with my Belmonts. I also noticed that sometimes in open toed bindings that my toes would lift for certain tricks. With the closed toe bindings this would actually allow the board to raise since my toes were lifting against something. The landings also felt softer, even way out into the flats.

All-in-all I was beyond impressed with these bindings. They were lighter, had better response, and since they were matched to my new Ibex board (which maybe part of reason everything felt different), of course they looked sick. And all this was possible thanks to my wife who wanted to suprise me for my birthday.