Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (opers13)      Join Date: Feb 2016       05-31-2018, 3:11 PM Reply   
I'm a big LibTech fan, I love their snowboards. They also make wakesurf boards and I'm considering buying one. Thoughts on Lib?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-05-2018, 10:05 AM Reply   
based on everything else they make, I'm assuming they are awesome. And their construction will outlast everything
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-05-2018, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
based on everything else they make, I'm assuming they are awesome. And their construction will outlast everything
kinda my thoughts, their decks are indestructible. add in a couple good shapes and should have a winner. yachtsea looks like a performer
https://www.wakemakers.com/lib-tech-...xoCN_sQAvD_BwE
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-05-2018, 10:11 AM Reply   
no lib tech anything has ever been bad.

Their ocean boards are a little light on volume but thats no issue here.
Old     (WakesurfMedia)      Join Date: Sep 2017       06-12-2018, 1:06 PM Reply   
Following this. We've never ridden one but from what we've seen the construction and shape look great!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhc18GDhtfr/
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-15-2018, 11:02 AM Reply   
The construction is far from indestructible, but it is well built. I get them in to fix fairly frequently. Here is a general rule about 'high tech' composite sandwich boards: First all conventional surfboards are composite sandwiches. Second, all boards go through the same stresses. For 'techy' composite sand boards like the lib techs, the impact fo the stresses tend to go unnoticed until catastrophic failure. They generally weigh between a typical factory production board and a custom style pro board. We have been doing similar construction for years, but it does not lend itself as well to customization, and specifically you can't get a shape actually sized to you like a custom board. I think they are a good product, in the surf world they didn't even have a market until Lost licensed the tech.

Nick