Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-16-2010, 4:08 PM Reply   
http://www.surfline.com/video/featured-clips/spectators-swept-off-jetty-at-mavericks_41107

i got there right as this happened...it was nuts...
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-16-2010, 4:20 PM Reply   
I saw that this weekend on the news. you would think the greatest surf contest in the world would have a better idea regarding the tide and potential rogue waves.

glad to hear no one was "seriously" injured.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-16-2010, 4:37 PM Reply   
You never know what the Pacific Ocean is going to throw at you.

This vid is more what it was like to be in trenches so to speak. Something like three broken bones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCLZ9Z3gJQ8&feature=player_embedded
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-16-2010, 4:44 PM Reply   
water is sure powerful.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-16-2010, 9:26 PM Reply   
I love that lady that is fanning herself off before the wave got her.. Well, she got cooled off alright!!!!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-16-2010, 11:20 PM Reply   
we were sittin around at one of the cafes before we left and overheard some people talking about a couple of dogs that got sept out...gone...
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-17-2010, 12:20 AM Reply   
Wow people never cease to amaze me. The ocean is a powerful force foshizzzle.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-17-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
jr-it was 2 cases of hot dogs,so that was okay.
I watched the webcast,saw the people get smacked by the wave,and the hot dog venders stuff get hit,and the announcers were jokin about it for awhile

The people act all surprised when the waves came in,totally unaware of what a tide is.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-17-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
Anyone ever surf the river mouth in Santa Cruz? I almost died there when I was 15. The waves were coming in so fast and so hard I thought I was coming up for my last breath when suddenly a lifeguard grabbed my arm. I don't even remember it really. I thought I was an awesome swimmer, after all i had swam in the ocean ever since I was little, but man the ocean is so unforgiving.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-17-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
I love that lady that is fanning herself off before the wave got her.. Well, she got cooled off alright!!!!

Bahahaha she got wrecked
Old     (dcdave56)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-17-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
Weird question...

Did anyone catch a ride on that biggie as it was coming in? I heard somewhere that the rogue wave topped out at 40ft...
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-17-2010, 2:22 PM Reply   
I heard estimates of 50 ft faces, don't know if anyone caught one that big though. Crazy day, I almost brought my 3 & 5 year olds out there, thank god I didn't!!