Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-04-2010, 7:12 PM Reply   
What wakesurf racks are u guys using on your towers? Note your advantages and disadvantages, price point ect... of the racks you have purchased for your surfboards? Lookin to get a DBL board rack and would appreciate the input, tks.
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-04-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
Check out Samson Towers
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-04-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
endlesswaveracks.com hold three boards out of the way on top of the tower, still allows for normal wakeboard racks to be used on the wakeboard arms
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-04-2010, 8:47 PM Reply   
Not crazy about the rack on top of the tower as we have our speakers mounted on top of tower to increase headroom in the boat. Toooo many head dingers! Samson does not make a DBL board rack

Last edited by silverlude; 08-04-2010 at 8:50 PM. Reason: add comment
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-04-2010, 9:04 PM Reply   
Samson does have a double wakesurf. I have two and they swivel also completely into the boat. You could also have them make a wakeboard and wakesurf combo double rack too.
Attached Images

Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-04-2010, 9:08 PM Reply   
My bad, I looked on their site but did not see them, Tks. Do ya like them, holding up well, quality? Cost ? I did finally find some "Krypt, Dual Wakesurf racks at onlyinboards.com but not sure of quality ect.... would like some input from someone who has them
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-04-2010, 9:12 PM Reply   
Samson's site does not show the DBL board rack, special request?
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-04-2010, 9:23 PM Reply   
The machining and fit and finish on the Samsons are excellent. You can even adjust the swivel tension to make them swing easier or harder. I couldn't be happier. Mine are thick enough so I can hold any board including the Inland surfer swallow and Red Woody along with the Shredstixx Comp1 or Elevation. When I put my Inland Surfer Swallow and Green Loogey on the same rack neither the fins or deck touch each other and they hold great with two bungees each rack. They are not cheap but they are extremely well made and have custom logos and fit my tower perfectly. The biggest feature to me and one I couldn't find elsewhere at least not at the time was the rack being able to swing all the way into the boat. I have a really wide boat so that was an issue. Not sure if any other companies like Nice Rack do that yet but they should consider it.
Old     (dbdan)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-04-2010, 9:38 PM Reply   
I've got the Endless Wave with an 8" extension and love em! I've got two board racks on one side and a hydrofoil rack (Samson) on the other, so the only place to go was up. I couldn't be happier. The rack is rock solid and the surf boards don't move a bit, so no chance of them getting pressure dings from bouncing around in a side rack.

Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-05-2010, 6:41 AM Reply   
I have had two separate pairs of racks:

1. Bullet Lines: I bought a (1) double surf rack and (1) double wakeboard rack (which I used as a skim board rack. I believe I paid $200-$250/each and thought these were fine for the money. They did not swivel.

2. Sampson Racks: This summer I picked up a (1) double surf and (1) double wakeboard (I use as skim rack). These racks are awesome. They are very well made and swivel 180% into the boat and cant imagine replacing them. They are a little pricey at $625/each.
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-05-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
I just got these http://cgi.ebay.com/Wakeboard-Tower-...efaultDomain_0
The quality is not bad for only $160. Its not fancy with any swivels or anything but they work and look nice enough.
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-05-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
I've got a brand new NICERACK double surf rack I won at a wakesurf event I would sell for a deal. They have pics on their website. I think they fit 2 1/4 " tower, but can fit any size with different bracket that they sell. Let me know if your interested. I think they cost $350 or $400 brand new.