Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-30-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
I have a 2001 X-10 and wanted to add some weight in the bow. Has anyone used the Fly high bow sack? Since the bow sack fills both sides of the front is it not ideal for wakesurfing? I was hoping for a center valve to keep the water on one side or the other but I guess you can't have everything.

My thought was to use the center sack plumbing to fill and drain the bow sack as I don't use the center sack.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       03-30-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
I surf with mine, i figure that if the boat leans enough all the water runs into the side that you want. I like bow weight when i surf too, when the boat is really loaded i leave it full. It doesnt seem to have the same affect as having weight on the wrong side in the back.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       03-30-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
To add.... you can always help the water get to the side you want by lifting the non surf side while filling. Or go with two seperate sacs, thats people did before they made the bow sac.
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-31-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
Do you take the front cushions out and can people sit on them once they're full? I need some more weight in the front but do not want to take the chance on trashing my cushions.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       03-31-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
the sac goes under the cushions. Unless your boats has a shorter then normal compartment, x-10 shouldnt, then you cant see the sac even when its full.
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-01-2007, 5:20 AM Reply   
I have a 2003 Air Natique, so I don't think going under the bow is an option.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       04-01-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
it fits in my 01 centurion elite v. I think its around 10 in tall when full. If you area is too small it will fill the space but you just wont get the full 750 lbs. Its the best option for under the seat water ballast. Your other option is soild weight (lead, sand) or sacs on the seat or in the walk through.