Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-09-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
I'm interested in getting everyone's input for an article/interview we're putting together. The idea is to come up with a set of five or so questions to ask each of the pros now that the season is over and we'll be heading into a new one soon.

What kind of questions would you like to ask each rider? The general idea is to keep it related to what happened in 2004 and what they expect to happen in 2005. Kind of a year in review type of thing.

I hope that makes sense. Post your questions here. Thanks.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-09-2004, 2:52 PM Reply   
damn Dave, update your profile!
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       11-09-2004, 3:03 PM Reply   
How about:

Are you satisfied with the current format of the Pro Tour? What changes would you like to see and why?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-09-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
You could ask them about their goal setting. Did they set any goals for the season? What were they? and did they meet their goals?

You could ask them what they do in the off season to prepare/condition for the next season.

See what format changes they would like to see to the Pro Tour.

I know, generic questions...people on wakeworld may already know these answers, but I don't.

(Message edited by tcluv85 on November 09, 2004)
Old    swass            11-09-2004, 4:37 PM Reply   
"Dude....are you gonna bogart that joint, or what?"
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-09-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
Done...now answer the question! :-)
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-09-2004, 6:53 PM Reply   
I always wonder about the pressure of being a pro. Such as keeping sponsors happy, tournament placing, being able to learn new tricks and avoiding injury.

Old    murrayair            11-09-2004, 7:38 PM Reply   
My questions would be: (in no particular order)
1. Why do you think no one has been able to land a 1080 in 5 years, despite the fact that there is a big reward for landing one and we are seeing people land 900's wake to wake?

2. Like Pierce said: How hard is it to keep the sponsors happy?

3. Like John said: Are you happy with the tour format and what would you change, if anything?

4. How many boards and bindings do you go through in a season, and how much time and effort goes into creating new models?

5. What was your favorite event last year, whether it be a contest, a clinic, or just a particualr time riding with friends?

6. How often, if ever, do you go into the message boards to see what fans think of the new products, riders, contests, etc.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-09-2004, 7:45 PM Reply   
I really like questions 4 and 6 from Mark. That's what I would like to know.

How much time and R&D does it take from the rider to create a pro model and how does it come about, do they just tweak until it feels good or do they actually tell a shaper what they want and then he makes it?
Old    howie            11-09-2004, 7:53 PM Reply   
I like the questions mark puts up. The only question I would like to see is
What are the rides doing for the sport to advance it, and promote it? I would like to hear there 2 cents. I have read alot this last year about the sport moving forward. who is involved and what is the future goal for them in the sport?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-09-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
Yeah I like q 4 from mark. I break boards like crazy, I think that I went threw 6 this summer, not from sliders either just big doubles.

Also whats the trick to Rolls to blind, that trick is killing me. Is it easier to pass the handle early or late. wakeworld could really use a trick tips section.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-09-2004, 8:30 PM Reply   
Definitely marks question #6.

Andy, I think the trick tips section that's already there works just great.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-09-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
Check out Joes post going on right now on roll2revert. I can see how you'd miss it it's way back on the main page of the forums.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3184/3184.html?1099950029

(Message edited by shutupandboard on November 09, 2004)
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-09-2004, 10:16 PM Reply   
How much trim do you pull?

How do you delegate "private time on the bus"
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-10-2004, 4:11 AM Reply   
Heres a question.... ask them this:
~~ If people like Harf and Watson can land wake2wake 900's, how come they can't get one more 180 in of the double up??

Chris
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-10-2004, 8:32 AM Reply   
Watson:

What's your ex girlfriends number?
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       11-10-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
How about:

How can the Pro wakeboard tour take the sport to a new extremes (as skateboarding and freestyle motocross have) to attract more sponsors, attendees, TV time, and obviously increase the size of the purse?

Would you support or participate in some new extreme events such as a wakeboard / wakeskate high jump event, or wakeboard / wakeskate long jump event?
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-10-2004, 9:03 AM Reply   
What is the most memorable and/or funny thing that happened at a Pro Tour, and/or off the water in 2004?

Who do you ride with and who is your favorite rider to watch free ride? (Might not want to pit them against their buddy/riding partner though).