Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    belmont140            09-01-2003, 5:24 PM Reply   
Hey, I just bought a Parks 2004 DNA. I used to ride a 2001 foam belmont, and I was told that I would get a ton more pop with the Parks. I haven't had really any calm days with the new board, but I feel that I am probably getting less pop with the parks than I did with the Belmont. I think it might be because of my timing. Is there a difference in the way you pop of the wake with different boards? Like on my Belmont I sort of flattened out at the top of the wake a bit where as I think that the parks you have to cut all the way through, but I am not sure. If anyone has had this problem and could give me some advice on adjusting to my new board, please help. thanks
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-01-2003, 6:14 PM Reply   
why did you switch? did you break your belmont?
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       09-01-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
I think i get more pop with my parks that i did with my belmont. but i guess it's all just how you ride them.
Old    jiving            09-01-2003, 8:30 PM Reply   
You mean your not going pro now that you bought the Parks board? Maybe your Parks board is broken, and you need to buy a new one to get "a ton more pop". It's called advertising my friend.
Old    boofhead            09-02-2003, 9:35 AM Reply   
Your switching from one type of rocker to the another. My mate did the same thing and all it took was a little time to re adjust his timing. Now he flies. I got told by a coach once that it takes 5-10 rides on new board to get back to the level that you where on the old board. Dont know how true this is though. Give it time and see who it goes.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-02-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
Rich is right and Josh needs to lose the attitude and learn what he's talking about. It's more than advertising. The Belmont has a continuous rocker, while the Parks has an abrupt 3-stage rocker. I don't think one board goes bigger than the other, it just depends on your riding style. A three stage rocker (such as Parks and LF Subjekt) will really kick you straight up as it releases off the wake. A continous rocker (such as Belmont and LF Team) will allow a more consistent and contiuous edge through the wake. I find three stage to be a bit better for spinning and "poppy" wake to wake inverts, while the continuous rocker is better for edgy moves like rolls into the flats, raleys, and air tricks. You can do everything on either shape though once you get used to it. Take a few weeks and get used to the Parks. You will learn to get more "pop" with the Parks than the Belmont.
Old    belmont140            09-02-2003, 1:32 PM Reply   
Yeah, I obviously realize that it isn't going to make me pro overnight douchebag, and I didn't mean more air, but rather more of a buck and more height. I just don't feel it right now though, and was wondering if there were maybe a little different way to cut with a 3-stage. It is probably just my timing though, so I will have to keep boarding on it and put up with some inconsistant airs for a while I guess. Thanks