Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    windnwake            08-17-2003, 11:03 AM Reply   
I've been looking into buying a boat for wakeboarding for a while but i dont want to spend over 10K for it. What brand, or type of boat would throw up the biggest wake or be able to be weighted down easily? Thanks
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-17-2003, 1:47 PM Reply   
Definately look for a mid 80's nautique (The model name was 2001 for whatever reason) You can get them for well under 10 and have $$$ left for ballast and a pylon or tower.

I've heard 600 in the back and 400 in the front is about ideal, although I met someone that works at Ambush that runs over 2000 lbs in it - YIKES. You better get good at driving it first or that much weight could submarine the boat.

Search the archives and you'll find pictures from owners that have them looking really, really nice.

Bill

(Message edited by MonsterTower on August 17, 2003)
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-17-2003, 7:32 PM Reply   
If you are looking for an inexpensive, durable, and reliable boat, consider the Four Winns Horizon 170 or 180.

They are built very well, in your price range, and are very adaptable to wakeboarding. The only drawback is maintaining speed. However, I believe you can even add Perfect Pass to the I/O version.

I had a Horizon 170 outboard. Here's the wake:

wake

(Message edited by ofwc on August 17, 2003)
Old    windnwake            08-18-2003, 11:00 AM Reply   
thanks for the input guys