Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-10-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
Wanted to thank and congratulate Joe Umali and Epic for the great pulls at the comp this past Saturday.

This was my first opportunity to ride behind the Epic, and honestly from a pure riding perspective, I would like to spend much more time behind this boat, way impressed. If I had to describe it, I would say Super Air on steroids. Stock ballast only(full) and 5 people in the boat. I only got to ride 2 comp passes, (2200' didn't even get to finish), got a ton of boot (over rotated my rolls). Looked like a lot of other riders were getting rocked too. Didn't get to ride in, or drive, but again my impression is I want to ride this wake again soon.

Thanks again Joe!

P.S. If you got any pics of DDD's riding, she'd love to see 'em!

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on June 10, 2007)
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-10-2007, 9:25 PM Reply   
Very cool to hear that you liked the Epic. It's taken a a lot of effort to evolve our 23v and get enough of them out the door to support events like the ones the CLWC hosts. It is great to hear that we had a great showing there because it is because of a great CLWC event in 2001 that I decided to start Epic Boats. I had been riding I/Os and small ski boats and came out to ride the event and was simply amazed at how BIG and different the wake was on the WakeSetter they had saced out for the event. It thought "if the wake can be that much different just by adding weight and changing the hull a bit then there has to be a LOT of room for improvement in Wake Hull design". A year later I was tooling up a boat in my driveway and now it is great to hear all the positive feedback from riders all across the country. I wish I could have been there to help with the event and just to see some good riding but I am all tied up building our next offering to the wake community Anyways, I am glad to hear you liked the wake and that we were able to help at the CLWC event. This is EXACTLY why I started Epic Boats, to spread the stoke for wakeboarding at events like these and to help local riders of all levels increase there skills...VERY COOL :-)
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       06-10-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
Chris, thanks so much for supporting our event and even more thanks for taking a chance on improving our sport. The epic boat was a real treat to have at the event. The response from the riders was awesome. The wake was very big, with a mellow transition ending with a kick that made you wonder how the water got so far down there. So thanks again and we look forward to the next Epic event.

Damien
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-11-2007, 12:23 AM Reply   
tackleberry & rio rider, glad you guys liked the wake. it's so much fun seeing friends go big! looking forward to pulling another event.

in the meantime, please check out the pics!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/460761.html?1181546349