Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (gitair77)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-01-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
Cant remember if this has been discussed. Can anyone remember seeing a pull-point on a tower that allso had a white running light, all in one? I saw one somewhere and now I want to put one on my tower. This would do away with the pole light we all use when traveling after dark. Thanks ahead for everyones help.
Old     (bigkitch)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-01-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
I dont know how some boats get away wit hit, but apparently in Ontario where I am, it is law to had the highest point on the boat as the light source, ie. tower!

I have one on my Comp wit ha universal tower (which is now black). Im sure you could rig somethin up, ust a couple small spot ligths, make it look like tower lights :>
Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       05-01-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
My Supra has one. 2007 22 SSV. I will take a closeup pic of it when I get home.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-01-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
Some of the new boats do have the light at the top of the tower yes.

Monster Tower makes a universal top light that you can buy http://www.monstertower.com/mt_navigation_light.htm
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-01-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
I have considered the Monster Tower light. Great price & should do the job fine.

Then I remembered that I have one of these battery operated lights on a pontoon boat. Seems like it should work fine for the Malibu too.
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       05-01-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
Any new developments on the puck LED light that you posted about a month or so ago?

I was trying to find that post to add it to the mix.

JT
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-01-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
I picked up a folding light similar to the monster one for less than $15 at West Marine or Boater's World and installed it on top of my tower. It works great. You can see it in my profile picture.

Jman
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-01-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
FYI, I just looked closer at the Monster light. It is the exact same light that I got for less than $15.

Jman
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-01-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
Sent him a message this morning, JT. It will be a cool light. But I think it'll be a one off if I ever get it.

The one Jman posted would work for most people. But we'd rip it right off the first time we pulled Around the Boat.