Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old    Ben Kerran            05-07-2007, 10:23 PM Reply   
Norcal MC slider event, Springride and just saw the Payton's on a Mazzei GMC Dealership Commercial...during the Warriors game. They are everywhere!!!!
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2007, 10:26 PM Reply   
who are the Payton's?
educate me
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-07-2007, 10:48 PM Reply   
They are ubiquitous. And they're nice folks too. Check the current issue of Wakeboarding. You'll find Payton boys in at least two photos. Might have to look hard for the second one. Kind of like where's Waldo.
Old     (wakebrdmom)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-08-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
We are just another crazy wakeboard family. We are all about supporting and growing the industry. Look for us at NorCal INT, the best INT around. We will also be at NorCal WWA and DRA events. Hope you don't get sick of us. As for Mazzei, if you have spent as much as we have on trucks and suv's, you too can be in a commercial
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-08-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
Hey Linda....

Definitely one of the coolest families in wakeboarding. They do a huge part to support wakeboarding in the delta area. Just good peeps.

Plus all the boys rip. I used to say that I wished I could ride like that when I was their age. Now I just say I wish I could ride like them. LOL!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-08-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
The Paytons rock! Great people and great for the sport.
Old    Ben Kerran            05-08-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
Real cool family (love it that you always see the whole family together). My wife and I had a chance to chat with Linda at Springride. I am watching the game last night and yelling to Jeannine Holy Crap, they are famous! Pretty funny
Old     (chris_williams)      Join Date: May 2007       05-08-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
I had the opportunity to meet and talk alot with the Payton's this weekend and I have to say they are a great family! I can't wait to see how the boys start riding in the upcoming years. Thier already ripping.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-08-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
Hey, I know those guys What a great family, supporting wakeboarding in Nor-Cal in so many ways. Chuck & Linda run one of the best run INT events in the Nation, check one out for your self. Their 4 boys are all rippers, Blake, Chad, Justin & Alex, one is adopted but he's cool.
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-08-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
We had our first chance to meet them this weekend and their great fun. I mentioned we didn't bring the boat and they stepped right up and took James out with them early Fri. morning. And ya when James came back his his first comment was how they were all killing it out there. His second was how nice they all were.

Thanks to the whole family.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (raequelhoffman)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-08-2007, 10:47 PM Reply   
Way ta go Paytons! Yeah, definitely one of the most helpful and nicest families there are. The boys have a lot of delta style plus lots of tech tricks! Blake (youngest) won wwa worlds last year in Junior Boys. All three boys rip no doubt. Killing it in contests and free riding too! It was fun hanging out with you guys at springride! Hope to see you again soon! Linda, hope you're leg gets better soon and thank you guys for putting on all the fun INTs!
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-08-2007, 11:06 PM Reply   
Nice, looks like a cool little gang of rippers!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-09-2007, 1:02 AM Reply   
Hey Linda hope the leg is getting better! See you all in a few weeks. Whats going on Chuck???
Old    walt            05-09-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
Linda,
Thanks for letting me throw down on your indo board. Maybe I should give lessons ?

It was great talking with you guys.
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
Wow! Thank you very much for all the nice things people have said about my family. We really, really, really enjoy the watersport industry. The people and relationships that we have made though wakeboarding is what make this sport so much fun. I have three great boys 11,12,15 years old and wife who loves to be in the boat as much as possible. Linda may be the best female wakeboard boat driver in the country. I also have an adopted son, who Randy mentioned, Alex Scagliotti. Not really, but he hangs with us so much that people think is our son. We have some great plans for this year at Nor Cal INT I hope to see all the old friends and meet many more new ones. "Mi casa su casa"
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-10-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
Walt,
That was a memorable demo you put on with the endo ! But your body may not be able to handle many more of those "dis-mounts".

Thanks again Chuck
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-10-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
Chuck,- And I always thought my wife was the best female wakeboard boat driver in the country. oh well, I guess second best isn't all that bad ... we have two sons and some "adopted" too, have fun out there!
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-11-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
Clete, it was nice to meet you and your boys. Thanks for the nice words.

Walt, A little more practice on that Endo Board and I think you will be ready for the big time.

Jeff, Look forward to seeing you at the first INT event Memorial Day Weekend. How was Mexico?

Christopher, And women/lady that takes the boat out without the husband is the best driver. Although my wife will drive a boat 400 hours a year, she can keep a straight line as good as the best.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-11-2007, 11:42 PM Reply   
Hot and Humid ! But a good time, Now back to the task at hand.....Baton Rouge in October.....