Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-14-2005, 4:00 PM Reply   
Hey I might be going in a few days for the second time to buy a 2001 Moomba Kamberra and but before I do I wanted to konw if people had any pics of the wake of a 2001 kamberra... or any pics of a 2002-2003 Moomba vdrive boats would be cool to because I hered they have the same hull.. also would a 500 pound fatsac in the center hatch and 2 500's on each side of the engine weight it down alright??
Old    stormrider            04-14-2005, 5:03 PM Reply   
Owned a Moomba Mobius LSV but sold it. Wake was too much of a ramp as opposed to a step (like the SAN and the X-2 and X-Star).

Step, or steeper, wakes are better, in my opinion, because they send you up, give you hang time and then allow you to land going down the other wake. This translates into much lower impact riding. The hang time, I've seen, makes inverts and spins easier.

With the Moomba, the rampiness of the wake sent me out into the flats, and landing consistently in the flats took its toll on my body, especially my knees and right, landing, hip (hs). Where would you rather land on a motorcycle? Going down the other ramp or in the flat area on the other side of the ramp?

Granted, there are times when you want to land in the flats. But, you want the option of consistently not landing in the flats IMHO. Moomba's wake does not give the average rider that option I noticed after putting 220 plus hours on the boat and giving a number of riders the chance to test it out.

Pretty boat, though.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-15-2005, 8:32 AM Reply   
Chris,

Weighted properly, that boat can put out a heck of a wake. My boat has the same hull and I get a great wake out of it. You need to run the 1000lb Gravity Games ballast in the front full, and the two rear bags about 1/2 to 3/4 full to maximise the wake. If you put too little weight in the front you'll get vert but wash out. If you put too little weight in the back the wake will be too ramped out.

Here's a pic of mine,

As you can see the wake has quite a bit of vert and is clean back to eighty feet.
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-15-2005, 9:11 AM Reply   
The Kamberra should be the same hull as the Santera and SSV. If it is the 21'8" or 21'10" then it is. Can't remember exact length. Check it against the SSV.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-15-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
Kamberra is not the same hull as the Santera or SSV. Kamberra was 22'. Moomba and Supra do not mix and match their hulls.

Kamberra was the same as the Mobius V, just in a walkthrough and tower, etc. It throws one heck of a wake if you weigh it like Cliff said above.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-15-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
any body else have pictures of a mobius v... also what years were teh mobius v's the same as the kamberra.... cuz cliff's is 2000 so was that the only year they were the same?
Thanks,
Chris