Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (dilpickle)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-22-2013, 1:10 PM Reply   
All,
I am looking for some outside input on a new boat. We are looking at moving into a V-drive that will allow us to continue to move up in skill level & enjoyment time on the boat. We currently wakeboard, tube & very occasionally ski. We will be starting to wakesurf in the next year.

We currently have a 2009 Yamaha 212X that we bought brand new & are looking for a boat that will not compromise in any of the areas that are important to us.

Must haves:
-Bow large enough for 4 full sized adults
-Bow boarding ladder
-Usable lounge at the rear of the boat
-Built in ballast(no need for bags on deck/seats
-20-24ft range(ideally would like to stay @ 22' so it fits in my garage.
-Comfortable driver's seat
-Tower w/ swivel racks
-Speed Control (Perfect Pass, etc.)

Would like to have:
-ability to surf with boat level
-large amount of hidden storage

We don't have any dealers local anymore that carry dedicated wake boats, so on the last trip to Denver we looked at a couple & found the boat we will probably be buying.

Looked at MC X25 & X35- While the boat has lots of bling & CNC aluminum goodness, we found the "storage" under the bow seats laughable at best, rear seating looks like a good idea but is very uncomfortable & last but not least, the driver's seat of this $110K boat appears to be of MUCH lower quality than our current $40K ride. The function of the tower is neat & one hand lowering is neat, but the word that comes to mind to describe it is "gaudy"

Axis A20/22 boats-Good value with less bling (not really important to us, looking for a boat to use, not admire on the trailer) tower folds but is more compliucated (2 people at least) The driver's seat is so much nicer than ours or the MC's. The sun pad/engine cover is too big, has no rear seats for putting gear on, fishing, relaxing, etc. We also don't care for the non-walkthrough to the bow. Close, but not quite there.

Malibu MXZ20-22:This boats looks to have all the features we are looking for-very nice, comfy driver's seat (momma's very happy) large bow with boarding ladder, very comfortable seats on the rear with under seat storage, good seating all around (moreso in the 22') & I really like the forward swept tower (gets rid of blind spot when coming to pick up rider) Surf Gate also looks interesting. Price is higher than I would like, but getting rid of superfluous options ($4000 stereo) should bring that down.

So, my question to you all, is there another boat I should be considering or making a drive to look at given my requirements? I had looked online at Moomba Mojo, Tige RZ series, the Tomcats. The nautiques look interesting, but the price is much higher than the Malibu & the engineer in me thinks that the NSS setup is an accident waiting to happen due to how the forces are applied to it.

Thanks