Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-17-2012, 10:42 AM Reply   
Hey guys just wanted to get you some photos of the new G25. This is the first one built by Correct Craft. Just like some of the other threads I have posted, I would like to keep this one as respectable as possible. Every manufacturer has pushed innovations in the past few years and all you brand loyal people should have something to be happy about. This post is not to preach to the choir or jump on bandwagons. There are a lot of good boats out there, this thread is simply to showcase the G25. Correct Craft was very kind to let us at Nautique's of Orlando use the boat to demo potential buyers and the feed back has been through the roof. I was on the water with customers this morning and the surf wake alone is HUGE. Surprisingly bigger than the G23 and very clean. Driving through chop you can barely feel a thing and the handling of this 25' boat surprised even me. These are not statements to bash anyone else or any other boats. I truly believe that some boats are not built for everyone and while this may be one of them, it truly is a piece of art in the inboard industry. I'm happy to respond to any legitimate questions and appreciate the feedback. Thanks guys!

This boat does have the PCM Supercharged 550. Other nice options are the LED's underneath the compression horn drivers, new bimini, battery switch located at drivers seat instead of under a seat at the transom, ladder under swim platform, vented windshield (this one doesn't have it), LINC system, belly cooler (very easy to access), tower cam, and much more. Enjoy!

Disclaimer (haha): this boat is not currently for sale do not think this is an attemp to sell this boat as it is strictly to showcase it a bit more to the public since it is so new.
Attached Images

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-17-2012, 10:47 AM Reply   
Awesome boat...good to know ur in my backyard too and my closest Nautique dealer for when it comes time for all these guys to sell off their 210s come the G21 release
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-17-2012, 10:54 AM Reply   
Haha! I hear ya I honestly don't have any info on a G21 but when or if it's released I'm sure the 210 market will be big.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-17-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
A few more pics
Attached Images

Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-17-2012, 11:06 AM Reply   
There are a lot of things about the G's that are cool and unique and certainly the performance of the G23 so far speaks for itself but it just seems really busy to me. Maybe it's the faux teak. All of those lines everywhere, the visible hinges in the floor and the color just doesn't seem to match well; at least not with this boat. Are there other flooring options? That may also be the worst looking bimini I've ever seen.

What prop is on this G25? There is so much clearance that it looks like you could fit a 17"-18" prop!
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-17-2012, 11:09 AM Reply   
Last pics
Attached Images

Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-17-2012, 11:12 AM Reply   
Hey TJ they do offer other flooring options and there will be some new colors for 2013 especially in the metal flake area. You can do any G with carpet if you don't like the teak look.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-17-2012, 11:19 AM Reply   
While the general lines and brick like styling don't appeal to me that has to be the most well thought out and usable big wakeboat on teh market. I love glove box for the driver that has a place to put your phone/ipod and the breaker panel with battery switch in the walk way. All the different compartments are awesome as well. The overall fit and finish looks absolutely amazing. Sick boat for sure.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-17-2012, 11:21 AM Reply   
Thanks for the honest opinion Brett! I agree, as small of a feature as it is, I love the battery switch right next to the glove box. I hate having to pull up seats or compartments to access a batter switch. It's also nice to have the compartment with the AUX inputs so you don't have to worry about your phone or ipod flying around while having it easily accessible at the same time.
Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-17-2012, 11:26 AM Reply   
do you have any pics of the wakesurf wake ?
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-17-2012, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
Hey TJ they do offer other flooring options and there will be some new colors for 2013 especially in the metal flake area. You can do any G with carpet if you don't like the teak look.
Yeah, I just watched the video of Jimmy Lariche behind the G with the grey teak. That looks sooo much better and less distracting!
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-17-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
I don't I'm sorry I didn't take any pics on the demo. I have had the opportunity to play with the surf wake on both the 23 and 25. While the 23 is really big the 25 is just that much bigger even with stock ballast. The wave was very big, beefy, clean, and a tube at the back. My only complaint would be that it's a shorter wave than most I have seen but that is probably just because we had more weight on the back end than the front. With a few adjustments on the NCRS (Nautique Controlable Running Surface) I'm sure the wave could have easily been longer. Just didn't have the time to play with it that much. On the 23 we got the wave pretty long so I don't see why it would be any different on the 25. It's the same hull just 2ft bigger.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-17-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
While i would never buy this boat due to capital cost, running cost and overall size i am super impressed with the interior design and ethos of the boat. It really reminds me of a luxury launch more than a wake boat.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-17-2012, 11:51 AM Reply   
TJ- The stock prop from the factory is a 15x14.25 and Darren yes this boat is definitely not for everyone but truly is a work of art. Here is a pic of the surf wake on the G25!!!!!
Attached Images

Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-17-2012, 11:51 AM Reply   
hahaha! Totally kidding guys but figured we could all use a good laugh!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-17-2012, 11:54 AM Reply   
Another thought: while this boat (and G23) is 100k + you can really see where the costs are in the extra foot print and the way the boat is finished. So while 100k is crazy for a wake boat it does still represent value of a sorts. A lot less irritating than the constant ratcheting of the price and no real difference in product that has happened in this industry over the last 10 years.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-17-2012, 12:18 PM Reply   
Agree again Darren. Regardless of price or manufacturer. The wake industry needed a change, something different. IMO I feel Correct Craft did a great job with the G series.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-17-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
No Crapper! Not buying.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-17-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
No Crapper! Not buying.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this guy is gonna hold onto his MC for that very reason. What a let down CC.

Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-17-2012, 12:34 PM Reply   
I guess you could always convert the floor cooler though. Looks like you would have a bit more privacy too.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-17-2012, 1:17 PM Reply   
^^^^ HAHAHAHAHA so funny thanks for the laugh man!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-17-2012, 2:46 PM Reply   
The G series boats are just on another planet. So freakin awesome.
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2012, 4:17 PM Reply   
The phone dock and battery switch right by the driver is such a great idea. The cabin lighting off the tower speakers is real trick. I really dig the look of the faux teak flooring and the ability to switch up the seating has always been an option I liked. I still can't get over how BIG this and the G23 are. Without a trailer mounted boarding ladder these boats look a little tough to get into (damn, that made me sound old!).

I do have a question though D Ave - looking at the pictures the bimini top looks very narrow. Is it in a travel position or does it stretch out across the boat anymore than how it's pictured?

Great boat overall and thanks for sharing D Ave!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-17-2012, 4:32 PM Reply   
What tower speakers are those? I would have thought for such a high end boat cc would have gone with Wetsounds or Exile speakers. Or maybe the current speakers on the boat are comparable to either?

Beautiful boat, very well thought out... That sucker must be heavy. I wonder what the total weight will be all loaded with fuel, ballast, gear, 10 passengers, etc...?

Last edited by fman; 08-17-2012 at 4:35 PM.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-17-2012, 7:33 PM Reply   
Look like the same Roswell speakers Nautique has been using for years. Not sure how they compare to Wetsounds, etc.

Man the G boats look huge on a trailer. Great stuff, not sure how many will actually end up being used for wakeboarding, but nice regardless. I was suprised to hear the G21 wont be out until the 2014 model year at the earliest. I too was banking on that boat causing a flood of used San 210s on the market, but given the delay I am moving in a different direction...
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-18-2012, 6:30 AM Reply   
Kris- Yes that is the cover for the bimini, it is by far the easiest bimini I have ever had to open or put up. You just pull the cover off and unfold both wings. Then you snap in two polls and done. You have top and some side coverage.

Travis- They are Roswell horn drivers
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       08-18-2012, 8:12 AM Reply   
Holy Bananas that thing is gorgeous.

The boat, not the toilet man. Just had to say that.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-18-2012, 5:38 PM Reply   
I like the drivers side storage compartment! I don't like all of that sea dek everywhere though, too much! Lots of compartments and a cooler in the floor is interesting.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-18-2012, 5:43 PM Reply   
How much does the boat and trailer weigh together? Looks heavy!!!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-18-2012, 6:03 PM Reply   
Ive seen both sea deck colors in person on 3 different color boats. To me the gray looks better on these boats.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-20-2012, 5:09 AM Reply   
Went out yesterday on it, the belly cooler is seriously awesome. So easy to use and access plus the built in cooler in the rear is much deeper than the 230 so even just tied up it's easy to grab a drink anywhere. Had a chance to ride it yesterday and you can call me biased all you want but by far the best wake I've ever ridden. I thought the G25 would have a wide wake due to the size of the boat but at 75', ballast full, and 23mph I was landing in the flats on every trick. I even tried slowing down rotations on scare crows and still over rotated. I rarely land crow mobes but since I was getting so much pop and over rotating I went for it and stuck the crow mobe first try. Needless to say I was pumped and love the boat. Some guys in the boat got some pics so if I can get them today I'll post them up.
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       08-20-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
Wow.. lots of nice features. My concern is that seats dont look very ergonomic, instead look really boxy. I guess i would have to sit in them before passing judgment. Nice boat though.
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-20-2012, 2:23 PM Reply   
Noah didnt even need an Ark just a G25 would have done.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-20-2012, 2:39 PM Reply   
I imagine that having a full size cooler that just slides into a place on the boat would be pretty nice. My '04 Rinker had that but it slid underneath a seat. Guess the floor really is the best place for the cooler, nobody sitting on it there!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2012, 3:50 PM Reply   
These boats are looking AWESOME! I love just about everything about them. Colors look awesome, the interior looks great. I'd love to spend some time in one. Of everything that has come out this year, these look the best!

From the pictures, the only thing I don't like is the speaker setup, those grills in the sides are kinda ugly and aren't going to be replaceable with the molded plastic around them and the tower speakers don't quite do it for me, funky shaped. But that is the ONLY thing, and its definitely a small one! Im sure they sound great, and in the end, that is what matters.
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-20-2012, 7:52 PM Reply   
I'd love to see one of these or even a G23 in person. In photos they look awful - like bloated pigs. I can't imagine having to tow one of these bastards around, handling around docks, fuel consumption, etc. I'm assuming the G21 will be similar in style just shorter. Maybe it will hit my sweet spot.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-21-2012, 2:28 PM Reply   
Bloated Pig??? Nah player - thats what you call F*kin SEXY
Attached Images

Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-22-2012, 5:06 AM Reply   
Good shot of the accent package with the vented windshield^^^ all powdercoated board racks, horn drivers, and side windshield.
Old     (AllianceBJJ)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-22-2012, 5:24 AM Reply   
Not sure about that bimini....Might be functional, but does not look good IMO, looks like an afterthought...Why not full coverage all the way back to the tower instead of cutting back up?