Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    retro_rick            04-26-2011, 5:00 PM Reply   
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-26-2011, 6:06 PM Reply   
Most casual moby-dick I've ever seen.
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       04-26-2011, 6:33 PM Reply   
Phill's killing it whats new
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-27-2011, 11:42 AM Reply   
I hate my life.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       04-27-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
I actually said Holy Crap out loud. Dean Smith, gosh. Everything into the flats is insane.

Does anyone know what line length Chad rides at? I know the pros ride long but I've never seen it look that way, until this video. Totally obvious he's way back. How far?

Chad's last trick, literally looks impossible to me. 1:30 mark or so. What am I seeing there? A bs180 with 19,000,000 style points or is that just a glide that nobody is really doing. No idea how he's getting the board back under him. For God's sake...

...please tell me this is NOT them out dinking around, but rather was a fun but competitive set for a Web audience. If they're not riding at their very best, I seriously can't believe how much I stink at this sport.

This sport has come so far.

Thanks for sharing the link.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-27-2011, 1:27 PM Reply   
Erik,

That's a very unique Indy-Glide to blind.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       04-27-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye7708 View Post
Erik,

That's a very unique Indy-Glide to blind.
"Unique" is right. I'm at a loss as to how he gets the board back under him - but thanks for the ID of the trick. I guess what makes it so weird looking is that the glide happens with his back to the boat, and it puts him in a position that I can't see how you recover from. Lordy.

Edit: Sorry - have to come back in. I think I'm having trouble with it because I've actually thought of something like this and basically decided it just wasn't possible. But no, there it is.

Last edited by juniorhawk; 04-27-2011 at 1:45 PM.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-27-2011, 1:52 PM Reply   
Harley Clifford ruined me. Watching other pros isnt the same now. Phil's nuke whirly 5 was sick though.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-27-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
I think Chad rides a standard 80-85 line just like most. It is just the camera lens is a little wider while he is riding.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-27-2011, 2:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfadam View Post
Harley Clifford ruined me. Watching other pros isnt the same now. Phil's nuke whirly 5 was sick though.
I was literally typing this exact same thing until i noticed you said it haha

Must be super hard to be a pro and stay motivated knowing the biggest bangers you could even imagine have become common place to a 17/18 year old kid lol
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-28-2011, 8:15 AM Reply   
Dean is the man. Charging it!

Phil made it all look easy, like he was doing it in his sleep. Amazing,
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-28-2011, 8:43 AM Reply   
That's a crazy set by Phil. He just makes that stuff looks so easy, so in control of his landings and the line. Looks like he could do that stuff for the next 50 years, landings are so soft and every movement is perfectly balanced.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       04-28-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
Regard Phil, and I didn't mean to leave this out... in addition to what I've said about Dean Smith and Chad...

...Soven. Wow. I am not sure if I've ever seen 9's and the like done without looking at least a little bit chaotic. I don't fault them for it, I'll never land a 9 - but a few of the high-rotation tricks Soven does there shows better control than I've seen. Particularly in that 2:10 point.

This is simply an excellent clip.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-28-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
Pretty sure Chad's set just wasnt zoomed in. Awesome riding though, nothing to be said that hasnt already been said. I cant wait to be wearing shorts again.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       04-30-2011, 7:29 PM Reply   
Dean Smith's 3 at 00:50.

Bananas. Just plain bananas.

This thing makes me want to the boat in tomorrow.