Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-29-2012, 1:04 PM Reply   
I have a Sony CDX-M60UI in my boat. For some reason it will not talk to my iPhone 4. Should it? I have an old original iPhone that I use as an iPod and that works fine. Is this deck supposed to work with the iPhone 4? (everything running through the USB)

Also I have the Sony RM-X60 and it works fine, but when you go to the USB the remote just says "USB", it won't give me song titles. The deck will give me song titles and playlist titles and what not. Anybody else having these problems?

Deck
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158M60U...I.html?tp=1721
Remote
http://www.crutchfield.com/g_338450/...FFBrand%7cSony

Thanks,
Aaron
Old     (whelchel86)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-29-2012, 1:12 PM Reply   
I realize this doesn't answer your question but I have the same set up except I use a thumb drive plugged into the usb port. It displays everything from the thumb drive on the deck and the commander remote.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-29-2012, 3:40 PM Reply   
interesting, Like I said the deck displays everything but the remote only says "USB"... And only when I use the old iPhone, the deck will not even recognize the iPhone 4.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-01-2012, 3:42 PM Reply   
What, am I the only one on this board with this set up?
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-01-2012, 7:44 PM Reply   
I have the same deck and my iPhone 4 works fine on it!
Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-02-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
I spoke with the OEM Marine distributor for Sony electronics when I saw your question. He did some digging and has written me back today to suggest that you probably need to go to iTunes and run an update on your iPhone 4 if yours is not working with the Sony head unit.

I have the M60Ui and an iPhone 4 and it runs fine. However, the RMX60M I have is the same situation as yours, when connected to iPhone it will only show connected. The readout from the radio does not make it to the remote. One needs to use a thumb-drive for the remote to display title and artist data. That portion of your description is normal.

BTW, so you know, you can toggle the CDX-M60Ui from locked to un-locked mode if you want to use the phone to select your music. If I recall you just press and hold the MODE button, and it will unlock the phone. Got a separate note in asking this to verify... It might come in handy for you guys...

FYI

Phil
Kicker

Last edited by philwsailz; 03-02-2012 at 9:45 AM.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-04-2012, 5:54 AM Reply   
Thanks Phil. I was in the boat yesterday and tried to make it see my iPhone 4 and it still doesn't work. I have the latest update for my phone. Weird, Maybe my deck is screwed up but everything else works...

I was aware that you can select songs directly from the phone instead of the deck. It's a nice feature, one of few things Sony has going for them.