Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old    wakejjboard12            04-27-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
I've read the earlier post about the Jett being the Witness shape Vs. the Watson... anybody know why this happened? I've been told that it is for sure the same shape as the witness. That brings me to my next question... I have no local board shop or any way to demo, but i'm really thinking about getting the jett. Coming from a premier i'm looking for something a little quicker. Can anybody who's ridden the witness or the jett give me some in site into this board?
THANKS!
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       04-27-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
Jessica-
I rode the Jett at the Maven session in SD. Amber Wing and Shelby Kantar are both riding it and the Liquid Force rep was really talking it up. I'm not used to riding without a fin, so it seemed a little squirrely to me. This is only my second season riding. At my ability level, I don't notice subtle differences between boards. I think that an advanced rider could do some amazing things on the Jett.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-27-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
Well I could have been on the wrong size, but the 136 was not fast. I rode it finless and it seemed like a tank on the water....and that is my honest opinion and I was coming from riding my Hyperlite (I mean Hyperheavy) Syn board. I was disappointed. I am going to try and pick up the 132 and see if it rides the same.

I have been demoing boards for the last two weeks. Right now the Ronix Coy and the CWB Sapphire are at the top of my list.

(Message edited by tcluv85 on April 27, 2007)
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-27-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
I rode the 132 during the Maven Sessions here in AZ. From listening to Amber talk about, the board is designed to be slow since she doesn't like to feel like she is hauling butt across the water. I did find it slower than my LF Cadance 134. I also rode it without the center fin. I did not find it squirrely at all, however the water was fairly smooth for us that day. I am a big fan of the board, but it fits my riding style.

If you want a quicker board in the Liquid Force line up, I would check out the Angel or the Melissa.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-27-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
bsflower have you demoed the Ronix Coy? What size board do you ride? I was looking at it but I dont know if it will be too big for me. I ride a 131 and weigh 95 lbs

(Message edited by criswb on April 27, 2007)
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-27-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
Yep. I normally ride a 132, but the Coy's shape and weight provides a nice ride. My first board 7 years ago was a 137, so I have ridden bigger and heavier boards often through the last 6 boards.

Although the Shapphire is leading for me right now. 3 more boards are on the list to try before I make my final decision.
Old     (lnds143)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-29-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
I Love the jett, I was riding the hyperlite parks 133 before, and the jett is super forgiving. I ride the 136, and it's a really light board that is designed for great up pop and really soft landings. I also tried the coy 137 and didn't like it at all, but my riding style just didn't fit that board.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-29-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
I ride a cadence 131 so I think getting the LF Jett would be a great decision for me... I think Ill get to try a 136 next week hopefully, just to get the feel of the board, Ill be getting a 132. Do you feel it is harder to edge because of the spine on the bottom of the board?
Old     (lnds143)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-29-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
I ride the jett finless, but I don't feel like it's harder to edge.
Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-01-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
My 12 year old daughter rides the 132 Jett with Minx bindings and she loves it. She rides alot at OWC and the board holds up real well on the sliders.... She likes the pop and she also rides with no center fin. Would suggest this board as we are pleased with it. My other daughter who is 16 rides the Hyperlite 132 Syn with 3d's bindings. She loves this board and it also holds up well on the sliders. Either board and bindings you can't go wrong......
Old     (x_l1quid_angel_x)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-07-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
okay, so im still deciding on which board i should get, but my friends who is sponsered &
is going almost pro told me to get the JETT board. i`m still thinking about it though. i mean
its a nice board, but i've always had my eye
on the 134 Liquid Force Angel board.. more
my style it seems. i don't know.. help me out
guys =] .. !
Old     (bec)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-09-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
i have the jett 132, and i think its amazing! perfect speed, perfect pop, it looks hot, and its very LIGHT WEIGHT!