Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-21-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
If you were a boat manufacturer and you could have your pick of any wakeboarding pro...who would you want and why? (not just the fact that he or she is a sick rider, but who could bring the whole package and actually help you further your product and progress in the market?)
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-21-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
I would have to say Murray.........he has done so much for the sport and is never done promoting it.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-21-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
My boats would be so perfect I wouldn't need pros to promote them. That way, I could lower the price for 95% of americans.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
Parks, mainly because I'd want to party with him, and he's the most recognizable name in the game.

I'm sure he'd be a D-Bag to work with on a business level, but we'd make up for it at Friday and Saturday nights.
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-21-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
I'd build my team like Peter Line built the original Forum 8. I'd fill the team with riders that make me feel like I'm a horrible rider cause they are so good and then make sure the team is also diverse.

First I'd get Jimmy Wolf. I feel like he is pushing the wakeboarding where I think it should go. Being creative with his talents and doing foot plants and stuff. He'd also fill the "up and comer" spot.

Second, I'd get a "Legend" of the sport to ride for the team. Preferably Murray cause he's probably the best promoter in the Industry. But if not I'd take Randall.

I'd need some one from the hippy/jam band crew. I'd pick Colin Harrington cause he's darn good and also creative. And he's a ripping surfer.

From the Gangsta crew I'd get Shane Bonifay. He's killing it and got that gangsta steeze.

For the hard ass rocker I'd get Aaron Rathy. He'd also help out as the "up and comer" with Jimmy Wolf, but Rathy has pretty much already made it. I guess he can do 1080s too.

For the 1080 guy I'd get Brad Smeele and he'd double as my Aussie rider.

My cable rider would be Nick Davies cause he's insane.

I think that would fill out my team pretty well.
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       10-21-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
I'd have to go with the Mikker.
Old     (jujube)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-21-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
Nick Weinacker. He's such a cool guy and has great things to say! He and his wife, Sonja, put on some great clinics. He connects with the kids, and just everyone in general.

He (and his wife) are my pick, hands down!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
Zane seems to be MC's goose that lays golden eggs, Supernice guy, been around the sport for years, just a really good image to have your name on,

Murray is a class act too
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-21-2008, 3:12 PM Reply   
Harf cuz he's just sick and Heather Johnson cuz she is the hottest chick rider on the planet and rips at the same time.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-21-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
Luker I wonder why you would think that Parks is a D-Bag to work with on a business level... If I am thinking that by D-Bag you mean Douche, I'm sure you're wrong. I doubt he would be offered ownership in ronix if he was a D-bag. Mastercraft accepted his input on designing the x-star (along with all their team riders) I doubt that would happen if he was a d-bag on a biz level..

Have you ever partied with parks? Do you know him to make statement like that? I doubt it..

Now as for my vote,
Murray
Cobe
JD
In no particular order.
Old     (jsuds)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-21-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
Harf
Randall
Benny G
Dean Smith
Grubb

In any order but Harf if I could only have one.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-22-2008, 6:05 AM Reply   
Riley: Just an observation from what I've seen and heard about Parks...didn't think I was going to run into his mom on WW ;) Sorry if I offended you.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-22-2008, 6:40 AM Reply   
SOB
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-22-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
Parks
Shane
Lyman
Dean Smith
Randall
Danny Harf
Rathy
Chad Sharpe
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-22-2008, 7:31 AM Reply   
murray and zane
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-22-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
Hooter Girls!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-22-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
I'm far from offended, just wondering why you would make an assumption like that.
Old     (dillls)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-22-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
Ben-

That would be an expensive team.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-22-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
The NY Yankees of Manufacturing wakeboarding stuff! (Didn't speculate it had to be realistic...)
Old    murrayair            10-22-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
Murray would be the first name I would sign. He's the absolute nicest guy in the sport and he KILLS it on the water. He's the best ambassador our sport has.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-22-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Zane,
Old School and New school all in one.
Zane can communicate with the young kids the young kids moms, the old kids with ear rings in their nose and eyebrows or a guy in a business suit. He knows the industry very well and has had a hand in wakeboarding since the very beginning, and still after 7 knee surgeries etc. can still compete at a pro level. He works very hard to promote the sport and still can make a living at it.
Murray would be a team member as well. You could say pretty much all the same stuff about him too.

And then I would have Parks and Shane for the Party Planning Committee.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-22-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
I've said this before, I'll say it again, I'd want Nintzel reppin the buisness, he does a good job w/ O'b.
other than nintzel, A.A. or Harris.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-22-2008, 6:40 PM Reply   
pro
aaron rathy
rusty malinosky
randall harris

am
braden stumburg
stevie williams
anthony hollick

kinda stacked with canadians... but can you blame me? they are slaying it. the ams are underdogs... which is perfect. and stevie williams might have some of the best style ever.

haha. done.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-23-2008, 5:39 AM Reply   
Murray, Zane, and Mikker for the "lead promoters and riders"

Plus some stylish guys like Lyman,Benny G.and Harris.

and maybe a couple of younger guys like Rathy and Wolf.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-24-2008, 10:55 PM Reply   
i never heave met any of them personally...but from what i hear... and in order

lyman has had trouble with sponsors, and i hear he's a great guy that goes the extra mile for his sponsors

murray, as everyone else has mention. a class act

phillip soven would be great exposure considering how well he rides at contests

danny harf, only guy doing 1260s. that alone would say a lot for my company.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-25-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
I'm with julianne.."Nick Weinacker" would be my choice, he did a great job at worlds.
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-25-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
I would have Dano the mano ridin sum trick skis for my company.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-26-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
I am surprised that noone has put Byerly on there list.

(Message edited by jonb on October 26, 2008)