Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (braap)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-29-2012, 5:40 PM Reply   
hey guys, i was searchin for a 2012 hooke and cannot find one. What are your opinions on the kine board.. has anyone rode the kine and the hooke?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-30-2012, 6:30 AM Reply   
Where are you searching?

Evo.com
Buywake.com
boardco.com
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-30-2012, 6:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmy79 View Post
Where are you searching?

Evo.com
Buywake.com
boardco.com
Also if you use the search there's already a few posts regarding SS boards with tons of opinions and good info.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       05-30-2012, 7:51 AM Reply   
I am riding a 2012 Hooke and love it. I was using it for cable and planned on riding my 2011 LF Watson Classic this year behind the boat until I slapped on the fins and rode the Hooke behind the boat this weekend. It is an awesome board. Super soft landings! The new kickers at Hydrous kick you WAY up in the air I was amazed how soft the landings were.... really cool board.
Old     (Prestoooooo)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-30-2012, 9:26 AM Reply   
I rode the 2011 kine all last summer and loved it until i pulled my fastrack out.....After that i got the 2012 and wasn't really a fan. It's pretty stiff compared to last years and is less playful on the water. It felt a lot more locked down to the water because of some of the changes they made from 2011 to 2012. I ended up buying a 2012 reflex and it feels really similar to last years Kine. Same amount of flex, same loose feel on the water, but it locks in well when cutting at the wake. I"ve never ridden the Hooke but one of my buds just bought one so when I get the chance to ride it I'll let you know how it is.
Old     (braap)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-30-2012, 5:18 PM Reply   
i looked in bc, alberta, saskatchewan and manitoba.. noone had one in stock and slingshot is all sold out of the 146 hooke... ordered a kine with rad boots.. shoe size is a ten and order a ten boot.. hope they fit and not to big..
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-30-2012, 5:30 PM Reply   
You are going to love that setup. the rad boots are hands down the most comfortable and supportive boots I've ever owned. they still offer a lot of movement too!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-31-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
boots should fit fine. they are pretty true to size