Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dalefan264)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-02-2012, 1:41 PM Reply   
Anyone know anything about this board? I was looking at picking up either this one or a ronix vault 2011. I have a 2011 CWB faze that I ride now but not a big fan of the huge 2.2 inch fins that it comes with. I would like something a little more free in the water. I will be using them with the 2011 Ronix Divide bindings. Im no expert rider or anything and will just be using the board out on the lake. Thanks in advance.
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-02-2012, 2:25 PM Reply   
Almost everyone I ride with has bought one so as both a rail/boat board. They're solid boards, but much behind a boat imo. Although one of my friend's broke his the first day he hit used it on a rail.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-02-2012, 2:29 PM Reply   
Are you sure about the 2.2 inch fins? That seems ridiculously big, unless its a center fin, which sounds stupid.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-02-2012, 2:48 PM Reply   
I bought one the other day because they are practically giving them away online if you look hard enough. For the price its a great cable board. Mine didnt break the first day and was solid off of kickers and rails (Im not a pro but I hit everything and can do some tricks).
Old     (dalefan264)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-02-2012, 2:54 PM Reply   
Yes I called CWB to see if I could get some smaller fins and they said those were 2.2. They said the smallest fins that would fit in that board is a 1.7. Really nice guys by the way. I'm just looking for a board that is a little more loose and didn't think I would really benefit much yet from a high dollar board as I'm not good enough to really do any tricks yet.
Old     (dalefan264)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-02-2012, 2:56 PM Reply   
Also would that board be kind of a waste if I don't do cables. I just ride behind a boat
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-02-2012, 7:11 PM Reply   
1.7 sounds insanely large too. Get off that board, haha. But as for no cable riding, you can still have fun on it behind the boat. Its all down to preference as to whether it is the best board for you, as it does flex, but if you read around a bit you can get a general list of the pros and cons of flex.
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-03-2012, 12:03 AM Reply   
I love how the lf press rides but I wouldn't buy one unless you can get it for 150$ or less. The press was lf first try at flex and they don't hold up well. The top sheet peels apart from the bottom sheet. I've broken three and know of two more being broken! (including the first day out example fish mentioned). If your set on a board that rides like the press check out the flx. Same basic outline but with a wood core and grind base. Or do the right thing and never buy another liquid force product because of what Tony Finn did to company wakeboards.
Old     (dalefan264)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-03-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
I think I am now leaning more towards the ronix district with the district boots. Was also looking at the vault but it has 1.7 fins and was worried I may run into the same thing. Anybody been on these boards. Just from what I've read they seem to be descent boards.
Old     (mhouser2)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-03-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
Both are good boards. The vault is a really good beginners board, that 1.7 in fin you saw is a center fin. It has molded fins that should work just fine if you want something a little looser, it also is made so that it is more aggressive when cutting toeside since that what beginners usually struggle with. The district on the other hand is a great board as well and can be ridden by all skill levels. Ollie road this board for a bit with Ronix. If you're more of a beginner and just want a good entry level board district is a good choice, but if you can ride comfortably and want a board that you can really progress on I'd go with the district.