Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       06-18-2003, 8:20 PM Reply   
I have the '02 byerly which is the same shape as the '03. When i bought the board they told me that you can ride it with out the center fins on calm water. Last time out i gave it a try and loved it, even the water wasn't butter, i was wondering if any one else tried this. I found that it cut just as hard and was a little more forgiving on sketchy landings. Man i love this board more every time i ride it.
Old    aaron_bell            06-18-2003, 8:28 PM Reply   
Dave,
What was so different about it? Can you explain how it performed?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-18-2003, 8:40 PM Reply   
That board was designed by Scott to be finless, hyperlite added the center fin so people could have more options. I think it grips way to much with the center fin. More fun without it.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-18-2003, 9:07 PM Reply   
lose all the fins to have real fun!
Alan Bogdanoff
Old    indo            06-19-2003, 8:34 AM Reply   
finless is the only way!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-19-2003, 9:08 AM Reply   
I had an '02 for a while and it was just too fast for me without the center fin. If still felt like it gripped pretty much the same, it was just much faster. I only did it once and it wasn't in the best water, I didn't care for it.
Old    bradey_132            06-19-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
i think with out the fun it gives more of a sk8 snowboard feeling so i think its better
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-19-2003, 9:46 AM Reply   
IMHO that board is on the grippy side even without the center fin. I wonder why it even ships with fins.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-19-2003, 9:47 AM Reply   
Does the '02 have the little aluminum fins on it?
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-19-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
I think the 02 had the glass fin.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       06-19-2003, 10:43 AM Reply   
Yeah it has the G-10 epoxy fins on the 02. With out the fins it rides more like a snowboard, which i dig, it's a lot more fun. The board is a little loose untill you get on a edge. Even in choppy water i have never had trouble holding an edge. If the water is butter though, it feels like you are ridding powder on a snowboard. Plus now i can use the 1.2" fins on the landlock and that makes that board more fun too.