Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       06-02-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
I can't seem to find that thread regarding boat storage in Sacramento. So I need to ask.

What are some good boat storage places. Specifically the one off of Richards. I can't remember the name.....
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-02-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
The name is Valet... I checked it out this week. Seems like an ok facility. They are open til 7PM and are asking $119 a month... month to month.
They also have 24 drop off in a fenced off area, I am debating if it is worth the risk. Let me know what you think once you check it out.

1100 Richards Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95814

(916) 498-9786
Old     (fyrdawg29)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-04-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
There is a place out at McClellan. The guy charges $5.00 per foot. Its indoors and secure. Its in an old shipping warehouse.
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       06-04-2006, 10:48 PM Reply   
Valet seems alright. I hear they will have your boat ready for you if you call in advance. However, risk and richards blvd go hand in hand. That place is rough.

I just got the boat in the garage but its such a pain, especially when you have to pull it out the next day....is $119 worth it...That's the question.
Old    alanp            06-05-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
sean it really depends on how much you ride. when i was dry docking/storing my boat i was riding about 3 days a week. to me it was priceless to have that luxury. it is SOOOO nice to just call, show up and have your boat in the water waiting. i left it loaded with fat sacs and my boards. i literally just showed up.

however if i was a casual rider i.e. once a week or a couple of times a month i couldnt justify the expense.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-06-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
Just a word of caution for ALL of those people who use storage facilities for their boats. Although I wont go into the details of what happened to my boat, make sure that you go through the finite details of the contract (to see what you are liable for and what they are liable for) and that you receive a proof of insurance for not only the facility but for the property that is stored in the facility. There is a distinct difference. Also make sure that the coverage will cover the value of the property that is being stored in the facility. If you see $2M in property with $500K in coverage, stay away.

(Message edited by phatboypimp on June 06, 2006)