Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    kevlar            02-07-2004, 5:59 PM Reply   
The Northeast wakefest died a little on us, as I was wretchedly and violently ill for awhile (stupid New England weather) while Bess was busy in Florida... but anyway...
We've decided that since Purity Springs seems to be ignoring Bess we're going to have it in Mass. Mass riders we need your suggestions on which lake. It will be the 2nd or 3rd weekend of August. I still only have five commited volunteers on my mailing list (prepare to be put to work, guys).
Old    xtremebordgurl            02-07-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
lol, yea also anyone willing to bring boat or soundsystem, we would GREATLY appreciate it. The more people we get to help out the bigger this thing will be; the bigger it gets... the more potential for free stuff, hint hint, wink wink
Old    kevlar            02-07-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
P.S. Emphasis on boat volunteers. Also, still looking for live bands and a REAL good sound system. Looking for ideas. Don't worry, if it's stupid, we'll just ignore it. Also, I need one volunteer from New England to help me organize this, write posts, coordinate volunteers, and yell at stupid resorts that like to ignore people. Both Bess and I are going to be busy, and Bess is in FLA until May.
Old     (grenade)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-07-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
I'm from Long Island but I'm up for helping out. I don't know a lot about what lakes are up there though....anything I can do let me know..Pat
Old    svfara            02-08-2004, 7:12 AM Reply   
Like I said before, I will bring my boat.
Who else can bring a boat?

I've been trying to think of good lakes in Mass to have the event but I'm drawing a blank...
I'm only coming up with:
Lake Quinsigamond - Real nice lake, way too busy on weekends though!
Lake Whalom - has a boardwalk type area, but too small, and again very busy on weekends...
Lake Webster - Very big lake - never been there, anybody have comments?

I think there's a pretty nice lake in Sutton, MA? anybody know? (I've never been there)
Also, has anybody been to Lake Cochituate in Natick?

I'm sure there must be a lot of good lakes around.
Need some help here..., please post more
Old    kevlar            02-16-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
Hey, y'all. Just rescuing this post from getting lost at the bottom of the page again. It looks like I got another volunteer from around here, which is good because everytime I come online Bess has an away message that has something to do with schoolwork, and I need help.
Let's look into Webster, business is what ruled out most of the lakes in NH, too. Here's what we need from any lakes you consider:

Lake Size- moderate to large, we're gonna be out with multiple boats all day, we need something that can let us spread out the chop.

Lake Condition- not too busy

Land- here's the biggy, we need plenty of space for live music, venders, maybe tents/RVs, and parking on the shore. A large field or fairgrounds would be perfect. A boardwalk-type-deal might be better if the town didn't mind us taking it completely over.
Old    cwshumsky            02-16-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
how about my water... always glass, never crowded, BIG sand bar, plenty of parking, stage for band, close to 2 major highways and possible sponsoring from the local board shop?
Old    pureride540            02-16-2004, 8:30 PM Reply   
I posted earlier today on a forum about this same topic, but since there seems to be a new one ill post again. Im from Mass and Im willin to volunteer for this event. I think its awesome that something is finally comin here so please get in touch with me. I will be around all of august so i can definitly volunteer. my email is unkboarder44@hotmail.com">punkboarder44@hotmail.com . My name is Phil by the way
Old    pureride540            02-16-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
Oh i forgot to say what i could volunteer for. I can help with set up and breakdown. And even though your probably covered already, iv been driving boats for years pulling people doin everyhing from wakeboarding to skiing. Im pretty flexible so lemme know what you need