Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dogma)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-15-2012, 8:52 AM Reply   
Just bought the Ronix Vault board, but there's no directions on set up. Does anyone know which side is heel side and which is toe side. I am assuming the longer skinner fins are toe side. A little help would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (TBell)      Join Date: May 2011       07-15-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
Sharp edge = toeside
Rounded edge = heelside
Old     (SydneyACE)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-16-2012, 7:27 AM Reply   
I have the same set-up.

The side where the fins are closest to the edge is the toe-side edge. (These fins are a little-bit bigger too.)

I'm curious to know what you think. My last board was an old Hyperlite without molded fins. The bolt-on fins were too much, so I rode it without.

Compared to that board, my Vault tracks crazy solid. I had to re-lean how to do surface spins with all the extra grip. I'm pretty new to boarding (few seasons behind other peoples' random boats) so take my opinions with a grain of salt. Keep in-mind, I can't go w2w on my toeside yet, but the toeside pop is definately good. Every time I come outside-in and then inside-out, I can feel the board really trying to pop me.

Anyway, let us know how it goes. Have fun!

BTW: Which bindings?
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       07-16-2012, 8:52 AM Reply   
The board should be set up left foot forward based on the graphic, there are two small arrows in between the back set of inserts that will say heelside^toeside and point you in the right direction. Hope you enjoy your new setup!!
Old     (dogma)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-16-2012, 10:58 AM Reply   
Travis #1, I had an old Hyperlite Murray board, with new Murray closed toe bindings. I just put the Murray bindings on the Ronix board. In light of these comments, I need to re-check my set-up. I haven't noticed much fdifference between the old Hyperlite and the new Ronix. I can go w2w heelside and toeside and land occassional w2w 180s. I am really looking for more pop.

Trvis # 2, I must be blind, but I do not see any directions in the graphics. I have the 139 2012 model.
Old     (SydneyACE)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-17-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma View Post
Travis #1, I had an old Hyperlite Murray board, with new Murray closed toe bindings. I just put the Murray bindings on the Ronix board. In light of these comments, I need to re-check my set-up. I haven't noticed much fdifference between the old Hyperlite and the new Ronix. I can go w2w heelside and toeside and land occassional w2w 180s. I am really looking for more pop.

Trvis # 2, I must be blind, but I do not see any directions in the graphics. I have the 139 2012 model.
Exact same board I have. I couldn't find any directions either.
I had the same question when I was mounting my bindings too.
I was pretty sure the fins closest to the edge were the toe-side but just wasn't CERTAIN.
If you watch Ronix's Vault video (search for it on YouTube) it should help to clear-up exactly which side is which.
After I watched that, if felt pretty good about where I put my bindings, lol!