Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-08-2008, 7:05 PM Reply   
Any less expensive alternatives? Does anyone else think that $650 is a little steep for a tower cover (hbpinnovations)?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-08-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
saran wrap? ;)
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-08-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
Well, I have the customm cuver for my Centurion that wraps around the base of the tower, but I want something to protect my tower and speakers from the elements.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-08-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
I have been looking for the same thing. This is the only other thing I have found. It doesn't cover the whole tower, but seals the top and speakers and is a heck of a lot cheaper.

http://buywake.com/catalog/detail/jxMcf
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-09-2008, 6:37 AM Reply   
Thanks, for the info. Yeah, the important thing is covering those speakers!
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-09-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
I would like to get something made out of sunbrella material like a boat cover. I bought the speaker socks, but they don't keep dirt or rain, or sun for that matter off the speakers. Pretty weak product at best. I have been thinking about having my boat cover cut and customized to fit over the tower. I have seen some places on craigslist that do that.

(Message edited by 266crownlinebr on March 09, 2008)
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-09-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
I hear you on the "speaker" socks, but are you saying the "tower" sock is not effective?
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-09-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
How about a covered place to store it. You can do one of the metal covers for about the same price.

Upload
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-09-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
Unfortunately, my subdivision covenants don't allow for that, and I can't quite fit the boat in my garage. It's kind of hard to believe only one company carries a full tower cover! You would think their would be a greater market, idk...
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-09-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
I am not sure about what material they use on the tower socks. I only know about the speaker socks from personal experience. For 700 bucks, they better keep water out. I would expect that you could get your boat cover customized for half that. I do have my boat in covered storage, but that doesn't keep the dirt off my tower. I would like to change my boat cover so it covers everything and then I could cut my storage fee in half by taking it out of the covered part. I have even seen some covers modified that will almost cover the whole trailer like this one...
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/boa/570828593.html
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-11-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
I had a custom sunbrella cover made which goes over the entire boat including tower, speakers, and racks with a draw string for about 950.00. I've never nor would I recommend trailering with it though.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-11-2008, 5:41 PM Reply   
markj, did you get an upholstery (or other type?)company to make it? Can you point me in the direction I need to go? Thanks..